Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Star One Wake

Boating

Hi,

Just wanted to talk a little about a company I have dealt with recently. I would definitely not recommend Star One Wake or Brett Burrows. Reputation is key in this industry and they/he have done nothing but fail in this area. I have been trying to order parts for 2 months and have made 6 calls to Brett to get them, and talked to him personally each time. Each time it has been "one of his guys mistakes"...each time his response is, quote, "Let me give you a call right back, 15 minutes tops". Not one call back. Lost my number every time I talked to him. I was in a time crunch to get parts for a trip and obviously he didn't come through. Hopefully he learns how to run a proper business.

Companies like this are a dime a dozen, and they will learn soon enough that it takes customer service, not parts/prices to make or break a business.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Sorry for your experience, but I've had nothing but good experiences with Brett and Star One. Not sure I've heard a single bad word about them here, at least not until your post. Their towers are the best in the industry (IMHO) - wouldn't trade my Titan III for the world (predecessor company).

As for being a dime a dozen, I think you are mistaken. There are not that many tower/tower accessory companies out there, let alone high quality companies like Star One. There simply isn't a market big enough out there for dozens of companies to survive.

No complaints about the product, as I have yet to see anything. Service is very much lacking.

By dime-a-dozen companies, I wasn't referring to wake-specific products. I meant companies that think they can survive on product alone, without customer service. Sorry if that was unclear.

Edited by Boating

I have only posted on a couple of topics since i have joined but do read the forums pretty often . And only decided to chime in on this one because i just recently had such a positive experience with star one . I had to order some parts for our board racks and found Brett to be very friendly and helpfull and gave me a discount because i was a MalibuCrew member . I understand that im probaly not the most credible since i dont have 200 posts .... but have no ties to these guys just found them to be very helpfull and thought i would pass along my experience .

Edited by 2008vtx

StarOneWake was last active on this site 12-27-11. I sent him a message inquiring about some ski racks on 2-15-12 and he hasn't logged on since then to see that he has any messages. I don't know why he wouldn't frequent this site if it brings him business. :dontknow:

He goes by Riderite on here now. Never met or dealt with the guy or companies (they also own menace from what I understand) but I've heard similar issues from other people exactly like the OP describes.

Sorry to hear about that bad experience. I have never dealt with them. I have dealt with Samson as they are local to me and have never had a problem. Sometimes spending the money on a quality product with proven service makes all the difference.

Hopefully they will chime in here soon or make it right very soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

I can say that I've had a somewhat similar experience with the not getting back to you. I had to call him about 4-5 times before we ended up getting things squared away for real. He also blamed someone else once when I was talking with him. I was looking for an out of date item though and I really wanted it.

I can say in this *industry* I have seen a TON of this type of thing going on. I have come to expect that if I am dealing with any company boating related that I'm going to have to be patient and persistent. I'm not saying it's right, but in my experience it's sadly the way it is. I will say though that I have never worked with bakes marine and have heard great things. I've only ordered gaskets from them so far but have high hopes for them.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know it can be very frustrating dealing. Hitting the weights and the punching bag takes my stress away. At least until I need to follow up the next time ;)

I have not dealt with StarOne, but have owned a Titan Tower. Titan made one of the best towers around, I think StarOne will only be able to ride that for so long. As far as Bakes goes TOP NOTCH! They have become my local dealer from far away. The service is what other business could learn from! Paul, Andrew and Tyler make your problem or question their own! It's one of the best business's I have ever dealt with PERIOD. I just wish they would open a location in San Antonio, TX. Sorry to hear about your experience with StarOne.

I can say that I've had a somewhat similar experience with the not getting back to you. I had to call him about 4-5 times before we ended up getting things squared away for real. He also blamed someone else once when I was talking with him. I was looking for an out of date item though and I really wanted it.

I can say in this *industry* I have seen a TON of this type of thing going on. I have come to expect that if I am dealing with any company boating related that I'm going to have to be patient and persistent. I'm not saying it's right, but in my experience it's sadly the way it is. I will say though that I have never worked with bakes marine and have heard great things. I've only ordered gaskets from them so far but have high hopes for them.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know it can be very frustrating dealing. Hitting the weights and the punching bag takes my stress away. At least until I need to follow up the next time ;)

Edited by srintx

He goes by Riderite on here now. Never met or dealt with the guy or companies (they also own menace from what I understand) but I've heard similar issues from other people exactly like the OP describes.

Hijack- Wow, I didn't know he went by that now, he posted a month ago about decals on the site, said he would post pics of the things he had, kept delaying, and he hasn't posted about them in 3 weeks. I wonder what happened. Hasn't responded to PM's either...

Hijack off

Thanks for the replies. Looks like it is a trend over there.

I am with you Millnate..."in business, good, honest, solid communication is essential". This is all I am asking. If, at my business, it took an employee/owner/anyone this long to respond after numerous calls, then there would be something done about it immediately.

Millnate, was it agreed that they would install the anchor lights, and then said they weren't going to?

If they are too busy, then that is a GOOD problem that can be taken care of without putting off so many potential customers.

I am the face of the company so I will take sole responsibility for the above posts. But if anyone on hear reads this and knows what the deal is, you will understand my frustrations also.. If anyone has any concerns please call in and or send me an email so I am able to bring the issues to the people that make the decisions. Help me help you..

Brett, that is great that you are taking responsibility. I hope that whatever the issues are they get worked out. I am sure you carry a great product and that the customer service issues are taken care of.

I am the face of the company so I will take sole responsibility for the above posts. But if anyone on hear reads this and knows what the deal is, you will understand my frustrations also.. If anyone has any concerns please call in and or send me an email so I am able to bring the issues to the people that make the decisions. Help me help you..

Sent you a PM

Mark me down as a satisfied starone customer. I enjoyed dealing and talking with Brett. I just wish they could do the ott titan3 bimini in Sunbrella :whistle:

Edited by Ndawg12

Sent you a PM

Why don't you send him a email or contact him direct?

Most vendors / manufactures don't participate or support this site anymore because of what went down with the administrators back in December.

If you don't have Brett's direct information, PM me and I will send it to you so you can get in touch with him.

Paul

Most vendors / manufactures don't participate or support this site anymore because of what went down with the administrators back in December.

If you don't have Brett's direct information, PM me and I will send it to you so you can get in touch with him.

Paul

Some of them vendors/manufactures are partly to blame for the action taken.

Some of them vendors/manufactures are partly to blame for the action taken.

Totally understand your point. Although in my opinion and in a lot of other crew members opinions it could have been handled MUCH BETTER. I will leave it at this, it's YOUR site so you can do whatever you want to.

Leave it at that.

-Paul

Paul

Vendors that rely on this site and others for sales remain very active, eventhough they live in the grey area on the TOU.

Mark me down as a satisfied starone customer. I enjoyed dealing and talking with Brett. I just wish they could do the ott titan3 bimini in Sunbrella :whistle:

Give me a call tomorrow and I will let you know my ideas on getting that bimini done for you in sunbrella...

First off I want to thank those who continue to show there support.. I do not want this to turn from a unsatisfied customer into another bashing thread between individuals.. I am taking this as a learning curve and have reached out to most of the people that have a concern.. Customers are the reason we are in business and without all your continued support for our company and belief in the product we build here in the U.S. we would not be here at all. If anyone has any issues please contact me directly and I will do my absolute best to get you taken care of..

Thanks

Brett Burrows

Edited by riderite

Brett called me back after leaving a E-mail within a hour or so on a question I had.

As soon as my schedule isn't so backed up I will put some swivels in my front titans legs.

:plus1:

Totally understand your point. Although in my opinion and in a lot of other crew members opinions it could have been handled MUCH BETTER. I will leave it at this, it's YOUR site so you can do whatever you want to.

Leave it at that.

-Paul