Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's In Your Playlist?

srintx

Since I usually have the wife and kids and their teenage friends, my playlist isn't as hard as I like. But the songs I do have rock the boat. Or is it the teenagers that are rocking my boat?

Eminem and the such

Got a few Kiss, Disturbed, Def Leppard, Metallica intermixed in there too for "daddys" music.

Since I usually have the wife and kids and their teenage friends, my playlist isn't as hard as I like. But the songs I do have rock the boat. Or is it the teenagers that are rocking my boat?

Eminem and the such

Got a few Kiss, Disturbed, Def Leppard, Metallica intermixed in there too for "daddys" music.

Well then you should play this....lol

• Like 2

Pick up Apocalyptic Love, yet? By the 3rd listen I was hooked...

Ya listened to it, good but not enough to make me buy it. Ian's voice on Ghost coupled with Slash's style really works well.

Foo Fighters - Bridge Burning -- That one gets me pretty pumped up.

And I've always thought the following song was a great boarding song (found it on the Higher Education instructional dvd):

OK, depending on the audience and the vibe, its 95% all Pandora, I upgraded to the Pandora 1 for the 3$ monthly, no ads and higher quality music:

Pandora stations:

Reggae- Murderer Radio G-PG rated

Rock: AC/DC Radio G- PG sometimes watersports

Top40, with family/kids: both Taio Cruz and Rhianna Radios Rated G

Country/ Boot Stompin: Colt Ford: PG-PG13ish

Adult Party Cove girls booty shaking: Pitbull or LMFAO Radio PG13ish ++ (this one can get wild if you dont train the staion to thumbs down the more extreme stuff) also sometimes adult watersports

OK, depending on the audience and the vibe, its 95% all Pandora, I upgraded to the Pandora 1 for the 3$ monthly, no ads and higher quality music:

Pandora stations:

Reggae- Murderer Radio G-PG rated

Rock: AC/DC Radio G- PG sometimes watersports

Top40, with family/kids: both Taio Cruz and Rhianna Radios Rated G

Country/ Boot Stompin: Colt Ford: PG-PG13ish

Adult Party Cove girls booty shaking: Pitbull or LMFAO Radio PG13ish ++ (this one can get wild if you dont train the staion to thumbs down the more extreme stuff) also sometimes adult watersports

Interesting spin on this...instead of what songs are in you playlist, what songs you use to make station in Pandora.

Nice-

You think the upgrade is worth it?

Absolutely, go for the upgrade... mine just bills back to my Itunes acct for my iphone. Cancel at anytime. I was getting 2-3 adds per hour, each last 15-20 seconds or more. total party vibe fail. At 3$ a month, during summer months, as much time as we spend on the water, its a no brainer for us. last weekend Fri-Sun I counted up we were on the water 21hrs.

I have great cell connection on my lake, 4+ bars, so the higher fidelity stream comes in fine. if at your lake, you only get 1-2 bars or less, it may be an issue for you, it does require more bandwidth.

Ya you can search stations by song, artist or genre. the longer you keep the station and "train" it for the songs you like and dont like, it gets better and better. My top 3 stations are on lock, Pitbull, Taio and Colt Ford. Ive been training them for over a year now.

Ya you can search stations by song, artist or genre. the longer you keep the station and "train" it for the songs you like and dont like, it gets better and better. My top 3 stations are on lock, Pitbull, Taio and Colt Ford. Ive been training them for over a year now.

Don't you get a lot of repeat songs though? I use Pandora (not One) here in the office for more than 6 out of the 8 or 9 hours that I'm here and I hear the same songs quite a bit during the week if I keep it on one station. I haven't trained them though...

Here are some more on my list:

Incubus - Anna Molly

Bullet-Proof Skin - Institute

All-American Rejects - Top of the World

Incubus - Drive

Bassnectar - Bass Head

Avenged Sevenfold - Lost

Chevelle - Brainiac

Crossfade - Cold

Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff (ft. Rob Swire)

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

Five Finger Death Punch - Under and Over It

Italobrothers - Stamp On the Ground

Linkin Park - Faint

P.O.D. - Here Comes the Boom

Pillar - Bring Me Down

Saliva - Click Click Boom

Shinedown - Fly From the Inside

Sick Puppies - You're Going Down

SR-71 - Right Now

Thousand Foot Krutch - Step to Me

Unwritten Law - Celebration Song

Van Halen - Panama

3LAU - Jaggerbomb

Edited by bbbabe1
  • Like 1

My 15 yr old daughter was rocking to this while surfing this weekend on Shasta:

Of course that was after I left my ipod in the truck and somehow completely wiped out my wifes ipod on an old stereo in our fifth wheel. So we were stuck looking through her 1000 songs.

Edited by Bartdude

Being from Texas I'm a huge "Texas" country music fan. For the record it's nothing like mainstream country music.

Check out The Zack Walther Band, good music to play while hanging out or ending the day.

Well let's see I like all kinds of music.

For Country I love the Album Barefoot Blue Jean Night by Jake Owen

For Rap - I'm really into Endless Summer by G-Eazy PG-13

For some good listening Teen Music All American by Hoodie Allen PG-13

For Party Music I DJ so I have a lot of fun party music like Party and BS 5 Days Straight, or songs like One Nation Army - Jerry Ruckonis Remix and such.

oh and for a good up and comer, check out MAcklemore! guys quite lyrical! As well as Childish Gambino, Chiddy Bang and Skizzy Mars!

Ooo if you like hip hop at ALL listen to Skizzy Mars - Colours Remix.

Edited by mnhays

I'm just going to throw in another example. Childish Gambino has crazy lyrics in this song in my opinion! (bad language btw*)

Childish Gambino AKA Donald Glover aka Troy from Community!

Edited by mnhays

Being from Texas I'm a huge "Texas" country music fan. For the record it's nothing like mainstream country music.

Check out The Zack Walther Band, good music to play while hanging out or ending the day.

How about Hayes Carll? I saw him live about a month ago, great show.

He's awesome...he was in BC?

He sure was, very small venue only 200 people. I bought tickets the day they became available. I saw him open for Corb Lund a few years ago and liked him better than the main event

Absolutely, go for the upgrade... mine just bills back to my Itunes acct for my iphone. Cancel at anytime. I was getting 2-3 adds per hour, each last 15-20 seconds or more. total party vibe fail. At 3$ a month, during summer months, as much time as we spend on the water, its a no brainer for us. last weekend Fri-Sun I counted up we were on the water 21hrs.

I have great cell connection on my lake, 4+ bars, so the higher fidelity stream comes in fine. if at your lake, you only get 1-2 bars or less, it may be an issue for you, it does require more bandwidth.

Did the upgrade, not bad. I'm surprised that you can still only skip so many songs in a giving time...overall I like it!

Got several new tracks in the rotation this summer, and notably a few gems from the Defy soundtrack:

Truckfighters - Kickdown

Future Islands - Walking Through That Door

Plugged In - Bassnectar

Internet Killed the Video Star - The Limousines