Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I Ordered A New Malibu...

IXFE

I'm probably a little late to this party but wanted to participate. It might be too late but I would recommend getting 4 racks if you can (maybe one should be a surf rack) and here's why. I have an 06 LSV and decided this year that I needed more board storage. I started playing with surfing, and a few friends starting getting serious enough to buy their own boards. This meant that the surfboard had to lay in the bow which was really annoying for docking, we were always moving it around. Here's the problem with adding racks later theory.

If you're like me.. you want things to match. I recently went through some hassle just to find the same racks that shipped with my boat as little as 6 years ago. I guess what I'm trying to say is look at the cost of the 2 additional racks (again I would highly suggest making one of the additional ones a surf rack) and ask yourself if you think it's worth it. The racks will cost you that much later but they might not even match what you have. I think when it comes to storage you can't really go wrong by overbuying.

Only reason I say is because you may meet new people that have their own gear. Your kids may grow up (if you have them) and buy their own boards. Your kids (if you have them) might bring friends along that have their own boards. Just something to consider. Congrats on the new purchase I bet you're giddy as all getup.

Sidenote: on those pictures of the VLX vs MXZ wake I totally found it interesting that the VLX wake looked so much peakier. From what I had heard about the MXZ I thought it's wake was going to be superior, but in those pics the VLX looks like it takes the cake at least for my wake shape preference.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IXFE

• Bobby Light

• Fman

• Malibudude

Couple thoughts. I have found the walk over actually makes it easier to access the warming tray in normal use. It is also really nice to access the platform and is comfortable to lay on. I liked the look but everyone has their own opinion there.

If you add extra racks now you could probably add them at close to cost as part of your package. I added and extra $1,000 for two extra racks when finalizing the purchase price. Not sure if you will be able to cut a deal later, I hear they are around $1,000 each adding them later.

I have a black tower but have dealt with the bug issue. The chrome tube gets 95% of the bugs on my tower the black pieces usually don't have any bugs at all on them. I talked with the one of the "cover guys" who stated they have a cover for the G3 tower tubes but because of the legal environment in California no one want to provide insurance for them to sell it. Go figure...

Great boat!!!

Ever towed that 500+ miles in the summer time? Curious to see how the bugs come off...

I have never had a problem with bugs but then I have never towed the boat 500+ miles in summer. :biggrin:

When we tow long distances which we do yearly from Denver to Lake Powell I just take some Saran wrap and wrap the exposed portions of the tower then add a bit of tape. Get to Powell and cut it off. Only takes a few minutes.

Just got word from my dealer... my spray date is April 10th. I should have her in early May! :yahoo:

Still waiting to hear my spray date and I am supposed to have an early April build slot. It sure would be nice to hear from the factory soon.