Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Mirrors

Thanley

There is a knob for the Cipa mirror on the Samson G3 arm and I think with the PT Edge mirror its a bolt instead.. Hope that helps

LTD, Yes it's only one screw with a billet knob to install. The Elite list $399 and the Pro $199, worth every penny to see your rider. You may want to do like me and see if your local dealer plans to sell these. Here's the website you can order direct. http://www.ptmedge.com/

Edit, the G3 does not have the knob, but one recessed bolt. G3ArmwithVR-140Elite-close-s.jpg

So did you have the CIPA mirror before and had dificulty seeing your rider and is that why you changed to this mirror?

Thanks I appreciate your input!

I've never owned a G3 mount and mirror; I have never preferred the view of the 3 piece lens. My new mirror is on the windshield as shown on the first page of this thread. Just letting you guys know that PTM will bolt up direct to the G3 mount with no modifications using the existing hardware.

I've actually moved mine more toward the center of the drivers windshield, just to the left of center. It's easy to glance up without turning your head and takes it out of the path of the walk-thru to the bow.

IMG_3735.jpg

I have no doubt you will be pleased, report back. :rockon:

Will do, wonder if my mirror sock from speaker sox will still fit? If not, I might have to order a new mirror cover...

would that adaptor mount on the windshield of a 07-08 vlx??

have a spare extreme mirror just trying to find a bracket to put it on my vlx windshield.

thks

I would contact them direct for mount applications, mine took the ZXR-230 which fits the current Malibu/Axis frame. From their site: (Please contact sales at 865.425.0600 or email [email protected] if you have questions regarding proper bracket for your windshield trim)

Will do, wonder if my mirror sock from speaker sox will still fit? If not, I might have to order a new mirror cover...

I'm looking into a mirror cover myself, it's not an option at PTM at this time.

So did you have the CIPA mirror before and had dificulty seeing your rider and is that why you changed to this mirror?

Thanks I appreciate your input!

Have you used the Cipa Extreme at all? The 2 smaller mirrors are almost worthless IMO. They are the "Objects in mirror may appear smaller" type of mirrors. The rider looks like he's WAAAAAAAY back there & it's tough for me to tell what is going on if the rider is signaling the driver to do anything..... so I end up turning my head to see what their saying.

I like the idea of a full sized image all the way across the wake. Just need to bite off the expense.

Have you used the Cipa Extreme at all? The 2 smaller mirrors are almost worthless IMO. They are the "Objects in mirror may appear smaller" type of mirrors. The rider looks like he's WAAAAAAAY back there & it's tough for me to tell what is going on if the rider is signaling the driver to do anything..... so I end up turning my head to see what their saying.

I like the idea of a full sized image all the way across the wake. Just need to bite off the expense.

I just ordered the G3 Arm and Mirror, going to install this weekend. I'm with Bill on the expense part...why are they so expensive?

Well, I haven't installed my PTM Edge on my boat yet, but I do have it temporarily mounted to a CIPA extreme windshield mount. Brought it out this morning and mounted it on my buddies SN196 while we skied. Yup....you can see the skier at all times. VERY nice....especially for those not skiing without a spotter. Even focusing on the water ahead, the skier is always in the driver's peripheral view.

When I took it off, my buddy looked at his 7x14 mirror and said something like..."I never knew how lame this mirror was, damn, I wasn't prepared to lay out more boat mod money this spring, but think I now have to"

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with what Bill said about the Cipa extreme and the 3 piece mirror. The wing pieces are tought to use, but I went on PTM's website and under INNOVATION they show a comparision of 3 mirrors. The PTM gives you a wider view, but it seems the edges are farther away than the Cipa extreme. Take a look and see what you think.

Yes, the comparison of the PTM to the Extreme seems that EVERYTHING is farther away. The stands in the PTM look tiny, and you can barely make out the people on the field. The 3 piece Extreme shows everything much larger (closer), but the functionality of the seperate edges is questionable. Hard to say. Would be curious to hear real-world feedback and how riders show up 70 feet behind you.

I ordered the Samson arm and CIPA Extreme over the winter, and haven't used it. At this stage I'd be hard pressed to convince myself to throw it out and get the PTM. But if I had to do it all over again, I'd likely buy the arm and PTM...

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested in just upgrading the G3 mirror here's few picture of that. The aluminum mirror it the Elite and the plastic frame is the Pro model. FYI - The mirror lens is the same on both.

G3ArmwithVR-140Elite-SideView-s.jpg

G3ArmwithVR-140Elite-s.jpg

G3ArmwithVR-140Pro-s.jpg

I really like the look of the black mirror along withe the black tower mount on this one. Is this essentially the Samson mirror bracket along with the PTMEdge mirror? Or does PTMEdge sell a tower mount as well? I'm a bit confused, but I am interested in something that takes the mirror off the center panel. The PTMEdge site doesn't seem to show a tower mount bracket, or an aluminum mirror in all black. I would love to know if I can buy this package exactly as shown...and what the cost is.

Edited by tommytg
  • 2 weeks later...

two questions...

1) who is Paul? :)

2) If you put a tower mirror on the boat, I assume you just have to deal with the two holes in the center window section (or leave the mirror brackets in place) --- correct?