Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ufp Disc Brake Sticking

Hello-

So I have done a complete brake rebuild-I think?!. I replaced my A-60 actuator and both calipers. I bled the brakes but one of them is sticking. Pistol Pete posted to take off the caliper and stroke the pushrod which I did and the caliper moved smoothly and then I used pliers to push it back in and it moved smoothly. So I put my wheel back on and had my girlfriend get it rolling and I pushed on the actuator and the wheel stopped, she got it going again and I can hear it stinking. It also doesn't spin as easly. I have DB 42 calipers. Any help on this would be great! Thanks Jon

Hi, there are generally two things that can cause a caliper to stick. The first is the piston which you checked. The other is the guide pins or slides which you didn't mention. Remove the caliper and the guide pins should move freely in and out. Also lube them with a silicone grease. Napa has a product called silglide that I like.

Funny reading this. I just had to replace the calipers on my blazer because I let it sit for a year and a half or so. I had to replace my calipers. If you ripped pins out and both sides and got them greased, anti siezed, etc. and replaced your calipers and properly bled your lines you should be fine.

Stupid question, but did you have a helper to help you bleed the lines? Are you sure that they bled the lines appropriately? What I mean by that is did they slowly push down on the pedal and you tightened the bleeder valve before they let up on the brake? When they let up on the brake air gets sucked back into the lines. You probably did, but you never know what that second person is doing for sure. Might be worth a talk over with your helper?

This is for my boat trailer. I torqued the 2 bolts- 1 each side- to 17# and they still are grabbing a little too much for me. My friend said not to worry about it and they will adjust after a little bit. I tend to over think things a little and maybe I'm just worrying about nothing.