Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2012 Gas Cap

Fman

I like how it flips up and down easily. Seems a lot more effecient than having to thread and unthread it every time you fill up and not have it dangling with a piece of cable.

The 2012 cap is most likely part of the new EPA required system. The new cap has a small vent as part of the cap, whereas the previous caps were not required to vent as the tank vented a different way. The EPA system upgrade also has numerous additional parts to minimize fumes which include a carbon canister and some other hardware. Should not be a problem adding the cap, it is probably an Attwood unit as they have a complete system validated by the EPA.

Here are pics of a '12, it does appear to be the same as Malibuzer suggested above. I'll be at the lake later today and see if there are any ID numbers on it. Not that I enjoy buying gas...got to say this is the easiest system I've ever used besides my F150, which has no gas cap. The 12's also have flow-back preventer on the fill lines, so far not as much as a hiccup when filling.

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

I like that the cap no longer dangles from a chain when filling, but wonder how long the plastic button that releases the cap will last before it fatigues or breaks off.

Tthrog, that looks similar to the one in the picture in the earlier post. It looks like yours has a stainless cap instead of plastic, I have a call into Bakes to find out if they can get the cap. If you can get a serial #, model # or manufacturer name that would be great.

Thanks...

Edited by Fman

Tthrog, that looks similar to the one in the picture in the earlier post. It looks like yours has a stainless cap instead of plastic, I have a call into Bakes to find out if they can get the cap. If you can get a serial #, model # or manufacturer name that would be great.

Thanks...

The ID inside the cap is EPA-ATW-313 and has the Attwood name, although that number does not show up on their site.

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/deck-fills-for-carbon-canister-systems

thtrog is that the fuel vent next to the cap in photo..... looks like cool upgrade.. i do like the idea of it fliping up be nice when fueling at the dock and dont have to worry about droping a cap in the water..

thtrog is that the fuel vent next to the cap in photo..... looks like cool upgrade.. i do like the idea of it fliping up be nice when fueling at the dock and dont have to worry about droping a cap in the water..

That is the fuel vent, as mentioned above it's all part of the new EPA requirements. The best news is I've not had any fuel down the side of the boat with the new system.

The 2012 cap is most likely part of the new EPA required system. The new cap has a small vent as part of the cap, whereas the previous caps were not required to vent as the tank vented a different way. The EPA system upgrade also has numerous additional parts to minimize fumes which include a carbon canister and some other hardware. Should not be a problem adding the cap, it is probably an Attwood unit as they have a complete system validated by the EPA.

With this setup, a separate vent should not be required, wonder why it is still there?

isn't a carbon canister what a car uses? no separate vent on a car.

• 4 years later...

Does anyone know if this gas cap is the straight or angled model.  They have the same part #.  EPA-ATT-313  I have a 2105 22 VLX.

Edited by Sciarkl
Added More information