Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sea Deck Pad

Has anyone who owns a 2005 23' Wakesetter LSV ever replaced the swim deck pad with a pad from Sea Deck? I would like to buy one but they don't show any on their site for my boat. I know they have made them before because Bakes sold them in the past. They also have weird model numbers and the customer service is not to great. All I can get out of them so far is make a template which I was hoping to avoid.

Just an idea, Gator Grip. Had it on the swim deck of my previous boat 5yrs, never any issues. When it comes time to replace mine, goin Gator Grip.

You won't have to worry about mediocre customer service either.

Edited by h2ojunkie

Have you called? I got one for a 2007 MC X-2. Really nice! A bit short, but oh well.

Sure have, called and emailed. I am just told they have not made one for my boat and I would have to send a template in. I told them that can't be right because Bakes used to sell them. I still get the same answer and they wont check any further.

Just an idea, Gator Grip. Had it on the swim deck of my previous boat 5yrs, never any issues. When it comes time to replace mine, goin Gator Grip.

You won't have to worry about mediocre customer service either.

Thanks for the sugestion but I think I am going to buy a 2012 pad from Malibu. Seadeck is not worth dealing with. Bakes told me the same thing, that's why Bakes doesn't sell them anymore.

I am pretty sure SeaDeck makes the pads for Malibue. When I ordered padding from them a year ago they had some replacement pads listed on there site. The material I bought from them was the same as my rear walk over and swim deck.

Here is a link to what I ordered.

Kris

Thanks to all who responded. I just bought a 2012 Malibu pad from my local dealer for $220, great deal. It was less expensive than Seadeck and the color actually ended up matching better.

• 1 month later...

Wish I would have read your post a month ago. I did a custom pad for my 05 LSV through Seadeck last year. They have a template.

It took some time and a lot of back n forth with them. We had to take measurements, draw pictures, etc...in the end Paul from Bakes did a lot of the leg work with Seadeck and the pad turned out great.

I paid a bit more than $220, so it sounds like in the end it worked out for you.