Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

weight of boat

WOODSBU2

I have a 2004 ws lsv with an extreme trailer. I'm looking for a new truck and I wasn't sure what the weight is on the boat and trailer. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Mike

If you are speaking about a 23lsv I believe the boat is 3900lbs dry and the trailer( if tandem) is about 1200lbs. This would not include gear or gas. Hope this is what you are looking for. Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

The duramax in the chevy is a real powerhouse and it is quiet to boot. I have a buddy with that combo with the allison tranny on a 3/4 longbed 4wd and he gets 18-19 mpg and pulling a 18k fifth wheel he gets 12. It is truly a monster. Perfect for pulling your bu Biggrin.gifBiggrin.gifBiggrin.gif

I dont think it would be a mistake to go with any of the big three. They all have their good points.

I have the Duramax and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

I dont think it would be a mistake to go with any of the big three. They all have their good points.

Except a Powerstroke ROFL.gif AAre you going to make it to the Texas WOW? I brought duck last time, of course i will be looking over my shoulder for the feds this time Innocent.gif

Except a Powerstroke ROFL.gif AAre you going to make it to the Texas WOW? I brought duck last time, of course i will be looking over my shoulder for the feds this time Innocent.gif

Hey don't come over here causing trouble on this forum too. Biggrin.gif

Yeah, I am coming to the WOW. I didn't make last year's but we did have a good mini-wow.

Feds.... Did you tell these guys about the owl? hehe Yes.gif

Hey don't come over here causing trouble on this forum too. Biggrin.gif

Yeah, I am coming to the WOW. I didn't make last year's but we did have a good mini-wow.

Feds.... Did you tell these guys about the owl? hehe Yes.gif

They don't know, I will be posting the whole episode in a few weeks, waiting on few key signatures

I have a 2004 ws lsv with an extreme trailer. I'm looking for a new truck and I wasn't sure what the weight is on the boat and trailer. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Mike

You're probably looking at 5k-ish on the boat & trailer, then there's gear....But if you're looking at new diesels, it will feel like a piece of paper back there.

I'm a Dodge guy (when not buying Honda) but a friend of mine has the Duramax, and although I can't quite see myself buying any GM product, that Bad Boy was a, well, bad boy! You can pull your house with it, I'm sure and it won't even need to downshift.

Before I get into this, all of the big 3 diseals will be great but...I have a friend that does a lot of towing for a living (he transports cattle). Over the last couple of years he has towed with a 1999 dodge 3/4 ton diesel, 1995 Ford 3/4 ton diesel, 2001 dodge 1 ton dually diesel, 2002 chevy 3/4 ton diesel, and now a 2006 1 ton dually diesel. All of the trucks that he towed with had banks exhaust and had been chipped. He regularly tows 18k + trailers around 40ft long. He said that the Durmax towed the best out of all of those trucks, but they only kept it about 8 months because it "rode too low" he and his former business partner liked the dodge and ford trucks better because they rode higher, but power and towing wise nothing beat the durmax!

I have driven all of the new diesels and you just can't go wrong. Find a dealer that you like and that will give you a fair deal. That being said I drive a Chevy and think that the Fords make the best work truck.

They say drive a Chevy to love it, drive a Ford to work it, and drive a Dodge to hate it. Just kidding though, my father has a real nice 05 Dodge 1ton Dually 4x4. It runs just fine.

Joe Chevy_anim.gif