Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Indmar Smart Phone App

Malibudude

Indmar Launches Mobile-Optimized Website for

All Smart Phone and Web Enabled Mobile Phone

Millington, Tenn. (March 9, 2012) ~ Continuing their legacy of introducing ground breaking innovations and proud tradition of pointing the way forward, Indmar is pleased to announce the launch of their all-new mobile-optimized website. Catering to customers' needs and the mobile situation on the go, Indmar is the first marine engine manufacturer to launch a mobile-optimized website to deliver content across hundreds of unique devices ranging from touch-screen smart phones to popular web-enabled feature phones.

Indmar mobile users will find condensed information of the newly launched state-of-the-art website in a feature-rich interface customized for mobile viewing. The mobile website presents a summary of the brands full website, which is designed to function like a virtual engine showroom with informational details on product highlights, specs, warranty and photo galleries of both engines and boats powered by Indmar. In addition, users can contact dealers, request a test drive, share any of the information viewed via email, Facebook, twitter and many more platforms all from their mobile phones.

Furthermore, Indmar also added an Experience section to provide fans a place to share stories and photos in the Owners Photo Gallery. Fans can also get updated Indmar news, details and directions for upcoming events and shop Indmar Gear online.

"In support of our dealer network, our goal is to deliver a consistent experience while addressing the needs of our currentand potential customers on the go", explains Chuck Rowe, President of Indmar Marine Engines. "Whether they need to find a dealer, request a test drive or look up specs while shopping and comparing brands, our mobile website will ensure that customers, enthusiasts and potential buyers can easily find and view the information that they need right from their mobile phone."

Besides being the pioneers of innovative marine engines, Indmar now also earns the distinction of pioneering the concept of a mobile website that truly supports the efforts of their dealer network and the needs of their customers.

ABOUT INDMAR MARINE ENGINE

Indmar is the world's largest privately held manufacturer of gasoline powered inboard marine engines. Indmar has a pedigree going back over 40 years in the inboard marine industry and a proud tradition of pointing the way forward. Indmar was the first inboard manufacturer to deliver fuel injection, custom calibrated engines and the first to produce an inboard engine with a catalyzed exhaust; which is now the industry standard. Today, this legendary brand delivers an inimitable mix of unrivaled performance, meticulous craftsmanship and ground breaking innovations – charting a course for others to follow, yet leaving the competition behind. Indmar operates advanced manufacturing facilities in the U.S. with distributing centers in Millington, TN and Corona, CA. For more information, please visit www.Indmar.com

I just checked it out - seems fairly decent for a mobile-enhanced website. That said, they never really had enough on their site that I would need to check it on the go. Now repair manuals, owner manuals, and other stuff that would be useful while stranded on the water sure would be nice!

If I could access a repair manual with an app that would be worth something. On a Saturday afternoon when something is not right an app for a new mill just isn't in my sweet spot.

I have DocsToGo on my iPad and iPhone. I keep all my manuals in PDF on that so I can always have access to them. It is great on the iPad a bit more challenging on the iPhone due to the screen size.