Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

White Tower Upgrade Price

Rperfetto

I'm ordering a new 2012 VLX this week, but I can't decide between the black or white tower. Does anyone know how much extra $$ is needed for the white tower upgrade? Also, does white get dirty compared to the black?

Thanks in advance.

RJ

I'm ordering a new 2012 VLX this week, but I can't decide between the black or white tower. Does anyone know how much extra $ is needed for the white tower upgrade? Also, does white get dirty compared to the black?

Thanks in advance.

RJ

The color tower upgrade is about $500. I read in another thread that the white tower was difficult to keep clean.

I'm ordering a new VLX or 23 LSV next week as well. Still trying to decide on the boat and color scheme. What colors are you going with?

I'm ordering a new 2012 VLX this week, but I can't decide between the black or white tower. Does anyone know how much extra $$ is needed for the white tower upgrade? Also, does white get dirty compared to the black?

Thanks in advance.

RJ

I have only had my white tower for a year but can see no difference in maintenance between a black or white tower. Plus, I think the white tower looks much better on certain paint schemes.

I have only had my white tower for a year but can see no difference in maintenance between a black or white tower. Plus, I think the white tower looks much better on certain paint schemes.

I second that statement. The only thing I get is in the hinge I get small amount of dirt but it wipes right off. IMO the white tower looks super clean.

I'll third that...

MSRP for the white optoin in 2011 was $492, not sure if that's changed at all. Most options usually really stay close to the same price if they change at all. The base price generally sees the largest increase year to year....

Great info everyone....thanks! I'm going with midnight blue on my main hull and all white above the deck, so a white tower will look best (I think). However, my dealer indicates that the upgrade costs about $1000 extra. I thought that was pretty high......so, it's good to know that it's closer to $500. I'm sure that cleaning a white tower is a little harder than black, but I think it's worth it :)

Again....thanks for the help!

RP

Can anyone recommend a link or other resource to learn MSRP for all 2012 VLX options? For example, how much extra for docking lights, MUX controls, etc. Thanks.

I have a white tower and love it. My boat is white with black accents. With the bimini being black, if the tower were black, I think it would have been too much black on top. Another thing to keep in mind, I live in Georgia and it's sunny and hot here during the summer. Black is very hot to touch during those times. I can grab my tower and not burn my hands.

kinda off topic but what about a white bimini on a white tower, i think it would look so sick. Not even sure you could even get one.

Dirt! :crazy:

Great info everyone....thanks! I'm going with midnight blue on my main hull and all white above the deck, so a white tower will look best (I think). However, my dealer indicates that the upgrade costs about $1000 extra. I thought that was pretty high......so, it's good to know that it's closer to $500. I'm sure that cleaning a white tower is a little harder than black, but I think it's worth it :)

Again....thanks for the help!

RP

kinda like this:

2145561890107047688S600x600Q85.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate at all with the white, especially with midnight blue. I would just ask your dealer for the 2012 price/option list. There is a chance they put in a price increase, but I doubt it doubled.

kinda off topic but what about a white bimini on a white tower, i think it would look so sick. Not even sure you could even get one.

you could for illusion, don't see why you couldn't for g3

Thanks for the suggestion. My top deck is all white, so maybe the white tower will look best....but I'll take a look at the midnight blue as well.

I just learned that the adding the tower mounted mirror will cost an additional $400? Seriously? A white mirror with tower bracket costs $400? Geez...that seems crazy!! I love the boat, but maybe this malibu lifestyle is too rich for my blood....

Dude, welcome to owning a boat. Bust Out Another Thousand. Oh and 400 for that mirror in white is cheap.

haha...well I've owned a boat for over 20 years - but thanks for the input on the tower mirror. Cheap or not, it still feels pricy for a rear view mirror.

I just learned that the adding the tower mounted mirror will cost an additional $400? Seriously? A white mirror with tower bracket costs $400? Geez...that seems crazy!! I love the boat, but maybe this malibu lifestyle is too rich for my blood....

According to Bakes website MSRP on a white tower mirror is $714.99. I agree they're overpriced, even at $400, but your dealer is hooking you up there.

According to Bakes website MSRP on a white tower mirror is $714.99. I agree they're overpriced, even at $400, but your dealer is hooking you up there.

Yes...in the end, my dealer has been very fair....no complaints. I finally got over my sticker shock and signed the order papers this morning!!

So here's what I ordered.....

Exterior: (nothing fancy....just a midnight main hull with all white deck and tower)

Main Hull and Accent color 2: midnight blue

All upper deck colors: white

Interior

Main & Accent 1: Moonbeam

Base: White

Dash: Ebony/Graphite

bead: Midnight blue

Carpet: Sterling

Options:

White tower w/ white mirror

Wet tek floor w/ snap out carpets

Sound pack 3 w/ pair of white wet sound tower speakers

Rear MUX controls

Maliview w/depth finder

Monsoon 350

Bow ballast

Power wedge

Silent Tip Exhaust

Water cooled shaft seal

Flush Kit

Pull up cleats

heater 3-outlet

Battery option2

Docking lights

Knobs for G3

Bimini (black)

CS boat cover

Boatmate Tandem w/ brakes - midnight blue w/ white pin stripe

Should be here before memorial day! Thanks everyone for your input and advice! Happy to now be part of the Malibu Crew :)

RP