Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ws 420 Eq Mounting

h2ojunkie

Here are some pics of what we got done today. Now for the wiring tomorrow, nite out with the wife tonite :) Picked up hot off 12v terminal strip I put in under dash and ground from common ground bar, turn on signal from Kenwood stereo,same one for amps.

Also added some pics of my fabed proto types, black one is the abs I used for the mount.

post-16835-0-15909600-1331425310_thumb.j

post-16835-0-06450500-1331425326_thumb.j

post-16835-0-66756300-1331425353_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

How did you mount your 420 up so tight

If you want to go low budget here is how I did it, it is tucked up tight and out of the way, have never hit my knee on it.... seems to be pretty functional.

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

My dash on the VTX is different than yours. I'm actually under the dash so water/rain won't drip on the unit,I made a drip line under lip so won;t get wet. I have the HDPE mounted to dash glass. I plan on makin a nicer set up with fiberglass and have it done it same vinyl as dash, next winter. It's time to get out on the water and rock the fish out of the water.

This is what ours is shaping up to look like should be done by monday . The work is being done by Kingpin audio

photo.jpg

Edited by 2008vtx

This is what ours is shaping up to look like should be done by monday . The work is being done by Kingpin audio

photo.jpg

I will be real interested in seeing this completed. will that lower panel need to be removed to work on the boat or remove the sub?

This is a pretty rough mock up right now ...... And yes it will need to be removed to get under the dash and will come out with 4 screws that was definatly a consideration. In the middle under the wheel in that cut out we will have all of our LED controls that are also being installed and two speakers are also being molded in in the drivers area .Trying my best to keep up with evreyone in the NW and its not easy !!

• 2 weeks later...

557613_344783982236005_143699202344485_880167_712667841_n.jpg

All done, speakers in and the wetsound 420 mounted . Turned out great ! All the work was done by Jason at KingPin Audio.

Edited by 2008vtx
  • Like 3

Here's one I made for an AudioControl, it also mounts my main power switch for my amps, EQ and Bluetooth (no HU). I just had it water jetted out of alum and covered it with factory vinyl. I did add some HDPE around the bottom and side to thicken it up.

Ronnie - that is sick! You must have some BU connections to get the factory vinyl etc?

Ronnie - that is sick! You must have some BU connections to get the factory vinyl etc?

This was actually covered at the factory but you can order the vinyl through your local Malibu dealer if you need some. Same with the carpet. I made the base here and sent it to my guy there to cover it.