Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vlx Vs 23 Lsv?

Brent Wall

All of this just helps to confirm that my decision to go with the 23 LSV is a good one. I really like the additional room as we usually ride with a crew of 7 or more. The 23 LSV seems like a great blend of room and "fun, fast and nimble".

Our new 23 LSV is on order. My spray date is the first week of May and I'm hoping for delivery in the middle of May.

Here is the current color choice and option list:

post-8878-0-11305300-1334514975_thumb.jp post-8878-0-87769500-1334514954_thumb.jp

ADDITIONAL FEATURES

Ballast - Bow Malibu Launch System

(Yellow) Floor - Wet Tek Fiberglass w/Snap-out Carpet (Wakesetters only)

Battery Set Up Option - Option 3

Light - Pop-up Bow

Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair

Wedge - Power

DASH FEATURES

MaliView - 6.5" Display System with Depth Finder

ENGINE FEATURES

Flush Kit - Transom Install

Shaft Seal - Water Cooled

STEREO FEATURES

Sound System - Pack 3

Speakers - 12" Rockford Subwoofer (w/amp)

TRAILER FEATURES

BM - Lighting - Runway

BM - Straps - Transom (Stainless Retractable)

(Yellow) BM - Pin Stripe - Color (1st Color)

(Yellow) BM - Pin Stripe - Color (2nd Color)

BM - Spare Tire - Carrier (Under Hull)

TOWER FEATURES

Bimini - Commercial Sewing for Illusion G3 (Hinged)

Knobs (Pair, G3)

(Black) Mirror - (G3)

I know I could get better stereo gear by doing it myself but since I am now boatless, I want this one to come in "rock n' roll" ready. I don't want to further delay riding time for a stereo install. I can update it at the end of the season.

Also, you may notice that there is no cover on the order. Although it seems that the current generation factory covers have been greatly improved, I'm still drawn to the no poles, no standing water, no ride up, no color bleed, qualities of the Evolution cover.

Edited by Brent Wall

Great choice! i just upgraded froma vlx to the 23' LSV. i also went with cory. the only thing i would recoment is adding 3 inches to the rear of the cover. the way it hooks to the rub rail on the sides is perfect, but the cover stops just above the rub rail in the rear. 3" of fabric would make it so the cover sinches below the rail all the way around the boat. even with that small gripe, it is far ahead of the CS cover. the only other cover that comes close is one that Peter mentioned from Great Lakes.

Great choice! i just upgraded froma vlx to the 23' LSV. i also went with cory. the only thing i would recoment is adding 3 inches to the rear of the cover. the way it hooks to the rub rail on the sides is perfect, but the cover stops just above the rub rail in the rear. 3" of fabric would make it so the cover sinches below the rail all the way around the boat. even with that small gripe, it is far ahead of the CS cover. the only other cover that comes close is one that Peter mentioned from Great Lakes.

I presume you're happy with the upgrade. What model VLX? What engine did you get in the 23 LSV?

Interesting observation on the evolution cover. I was just talking with Cory about this very issue a few weeks ago. I want the cover to cinch below the rub rail all the way around including the transom. I suggested he extend the rope pocket across the entire transom and leave the front of the pocket open across the middle 2 ft.

Absolutely love the LSV! The VLX was a great boat. I've had 10 people in the LSV comfortably. I got the LSV with the LSA. Worth every penny. I've only run one tank of fuel through it and it has the same burn rate as my VLX with monsoon. both running the 1235 propeller