Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How Do I Adhere Wires To Carpet?

wakebrdr94

I am adding a few more LEDs to the cabin area of the boat to light up the floor (just to give more light). My cabin is carpeted all the way around, so I need to get the led strip to stick to the carpet. I was thinking something similar to this, but hopefully more boat friendly.

Any ideas would be great

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100157483/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=gardner%201/4&storeId=10051

what about finding a small black plastic stripping that you could screw down with flat head screws then stick the LED striping down to the plastic strip that you screwed down would be alot cleaner than using clips. I think

:plus1:

what about finding a small black plastic stripping that you could screw down with flat head screws then stick the LED striping down to the plastic strip that you screwed down would be alot cleaner than using clips. I think

:plus1: Depending on where you are adding the LED's you can screw aluminum L channel to the boat or use a plastic trim or strip. I dont think you will get the look you are wanting with clips.

velcro can adhere to some carpets really well.

some of the velcro adhesive backings are very agressive (goode uses it to attach bindings to the ski).

if you can find the right velcro product you might be able to keep things where you want them without putting holes in the carpet or sub-floor.

both great ideas. Funny how we overlook something like that, then we go to the masses, and get the answer! I didn't want to really use those hooks, just couldn't think of something else off the top of my head. Thanks

LEDS are going to go on the wall right under the seats you can see in this video, it would definitely help. I have added speaker rgbs since this video, so there is a little more light, but the flooring would help

I would suggest zip ties. You can use a small screw driver for your "pilot hole" for the zip tie. A very small slit in the carpet will let you loop the zip tie through (under) it and then you will have a very secure hold. The zip ties also come in many colors so they should not be noticeable once you tighten and trim them.

I would suggest zip ties. You can use a small screw driver for your "pilot hole" for the zip tie. A very small slit in the carpet will let you loop the zip tie through (under) it and then you will have a very secure hold. The zip ties also come in many colors so they should not be noticeable once you tighten and trim them.

good thought.

there are many varieties of mountable cable ties available.

check out the bottom of this page: (http://www.mcmaster.com/#zip-ties/=gl3mk0).

why not use the rope light and they sell trac that holds the rope light well , are you going around the base of the floor or the top of the seat riser?