Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My New 2012 Vtx

Malibuzer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibuzer

• Bobby Light

• thtrog

• Fman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malibuzer, can you share with us why you picked a VTX over the VLX or other Malibu boats?

It was a really easy decision for me. I still like to ski primarily and the VTX is a better ski boat than the VLX. Also it fits in my garage without taking off the paltform. We have thought long and hard about the VLX and VTX debate. We just really love everything the little VTX has to offer. This will be our third VTX.

It was a really easy decision for me. I still like to ski primarily and the VTX is a better ski boat than the VLX. Also it fits in my garage without taking off the paltform. We have thought long and hard about the VLX and VTX debate. We just really love everything the little VTX has to offer. This will be our third VTX.

The VTX is awesome! Great ski wake and can toss a good surf wake with less weight that some other bigger boats. Tons of space and storage for a 20 ft boat!

Awesome. Hopefully my wife and I will be getting behind one for a testdrive soon.

Have you skied behind both the diamond and wake hulls? Is it that big of a difference?

Edited by flapjack

Awesome. Hopefully my wife and I will be getting behind one for a testdrive soon.

Have you skied behind both the diamond and wake hulls? Is it that big of a difference?

No, I have not. All of mine have been the cut diamond hull. I am sure that someone else on here has.

That is a sweeeet ride. Cool you got pics from the factory. My 2012 VTX begins construction next week, and I'd love to see it being built! One question for you on the ski wake. Specs show the '12s are 200lbs more than the '11s. Are you worried about how that might affect its slalom wake?

No, not really. I just look at it as having one extra guy in the boat. Congrats on the new ride. Post up some pictures when you get it.

Thanks for all the replies. I understand it is at the dealer now. I may haev to take a run up there and take a peek soon!

Edited by Malibuzer
  • 2 weeks later...

Its at the dealer! I went a took a quick look yesterday. It looks so much better in person. I can't wait to bring it home and get the stereo put in. I am undecided if I should take my old Exile speakers off of the tower or just put up some blck ones? Any thoughts?

post-5478-0-40967000-1332428045_thumb.jp

post-5478-0-13460000-1332428073_thumb.jp

Last pictures! These are backcountry rims. I thought they would tie the tower, boat and trailer all together.

post-5478-0-68429500-1332428669_thumb.jp

post-5478-0-43152200-1332429210_thumb.jp

Edited by Malibuzer
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not quite on the water pics but close. My buddy is letting me keep it on his empty lift for a while. It looks small compared to how big his 23 XTI looked on this lift.

post-5478-0-39328500-1338309498_thumb.jp

post-5478-0-86775700-1338309518_thumb.jp

Edited by Malibuzer

The Atomic boat has arrived! Congratulations, now get out and ride! Enjoy your time with your family on your new boat, it looks great!

Edited by Fman