Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bearing Buddy Relube.

I check my Bearing Buddy hubs often and always keep the lube full to the recommended amount. Question is, How often is it required to remove the hubs and do a complete clean and repack of the old grease? Second Question, How often do you really repack your hubs? Mine is going on the 7 season and never had any problems yet. Don't want too!

I seem to recall a post about this not that long ago - draining and filling the bearing buddy... you might try a search... I only got about 1 season and one of my hubs "disappeared" just like magic.. gone, fell off - UFP sent me a new one one no questions asked. sorry for the hijack

check out this video:

I know how to grease the bearings. The question is, do the bearings need repacked occasionally if the grease never leaks out? Replace all old grease with new?

I know how to grease the bearings. The question is, do the bearings need repacked occasionally if the grease never leaks out? Replace all old grease with new?

An old timer would tell you to repack every season, I think the bearing buddies and regular greasing extends that interval significantly. But after 7 seasons I'd say you're due for sure, pull them off replace the seals and inspect the bearings repack and you're good to go.

-Chris

After 7 years - I would absolutely do it! I would imagine that the grease in them looks like mud!

Grease leaking out is not an issue or sign of anything - the water that get's in over the past 7 years is what you are trying to take care of.

I do mine every 2 years just to make sure. I also keep an additional hub under the back seat in the truck just in case.

My old boat had a single axle trailer and we've been stuck on the side of the road. Don't EVER want to do that again.