Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teleflex Throttle Cable

Stoked. Just got back from lake Austin today. Installed my new teleflex throttle cable yesterday and the boat ran like a champ. Got a good board session in thanks to the new cable. Love this forum for all the help I have received for my older sunsetter

Awesome! Let me know if your ever down by LBJ...

How was that water temp?

Stoked. Just got back from lake Austin today. Installed my new teleflex throttle cable yesterday and the boat ran like a champ. Got a good board session in thanks to the new cable. Love this forum for all the help I have received for my older sunsetter

Not bad at all. Lovin this mild winter. Water was about 61 degrees. If the wind would of just died down a little more it would have been perfect.

We actually havent launched on LBJ yet. We always seem to just get lazy and launch at our closest ramp, but a few of our friends go camping up there all of the time. Do you know any good spots for us. We were just talking yesterday about pulling the boat up for a weekend. We pull from Lakeway.

Thanks

Wirtz Dam ramp...very nice and easy.

Not bad at all. Lovin this mild winter. Water was about 61 degrees. If the wind would of just died down a little more it would have been perfect.

We actually havent launched on LBJ yet. We always seem to just get lazy and launch at our closest ramp, but a few of our friends go camping up there all of the time. Do you know any good spots for us. We were just talking yesterday about pulling the boat up for a weekend. We pull from Lakeway.

Thanks

Funny. I'm in Austin with a '98 Sunsetter LX and I just ordered a new throttle cable from Bakes a couple days ago. Guess it's time for those suckers to go out, eh? I was told the 18 ft. cable was the recommended size. Seems a bit long to me. What length did you put in yours? Any tips or recommendations on how to replace? replacing cables are new to me...

Edited by skiguy

Funny. I'm in Austin with a '98 Sunsetter LX and I just ordered a new throttle cable from Bakes a couple days ago. Guess it's time for those suckers to go out, eh? I was told the 18 ft. cable was the recommended size. Seems a bit long to me. What length did you put in yours? Any tips or recommendations on how to replace? replacing cables are new to me...

Just use the online sizing chart. Mine was 17ft I called to chat with them just to make sure. It was a really easy replace. I removed the three screws on the throttle control. Removed the cable from the back of it. I pulled the air filter off of the engine to make it easier to get to the cable. I also removed the cover plate toward the back of engine that say EFI on it. ( right behind the distributor). The cable went behind this on my engine. Then I removed the cable from the throttle linkage. I used black tape to tape the to cables together. Had someone push the cable from standing behind the motor while I pulled from sitting in the captains chair. Once through I removed the tape. Reattached the cable in both places and put everything back together. I also replaced the copper pivot on the end of the cable. This is on the throttle linkage next to the captains chair. Mine was pretty worn out. Hope this helps.

We have been launching at Quinlan park lately because there is no water back in the sail and ski yacht club. That's where the boat sits. I'm thinking it's gonna be more of a lake austin summer unless we start getting tons of rain.

We are in the beige and black sunsetter. Stop and say hi if you see us out there

Neil