Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My New Bu

Cdoogles

Friday was typical Seattle day with some rain, wind, and the arrival of one very shiny new Malibu MXZ. Special thanks to Mark Gibbs with Malibu Boats for working with us to get this boat which will be the new NW area Malibu Promotional boat towing INT wakeboard events. John Cooper at Seattle Boat Company was a huge help and got every last deal coordinated on the order of the boat, including dealing with my 400 emails, phone calls, and constant status questions. John took us out on Friday in the cold and rain to make sure we had a water-ready vessel, after our somewhat quick test drive we had a full 1.6 hours on the boat and a still full tank of gas thanks to Seattle Boats. I'm sure the L96 6.0L engine will have no problem burning that tank of gas once we get the boat all weighted and on the water again. Before the season begins the boat will be going to Scott at Samson Sports to get the tower audio taken care of and will also be getting a custom subwoofer installation under the dash. All of the accessories and must haves for a new boat will be taken care of by the always-top notch gang at Bakes, including a whole lot of ballast, and maybe a few more LEDs.

Needless to say I am super excited to get some actual time on the boat and even more excited to get out and wakeboard behind her. The boat will be at all of the WA state INT tour stops, and should be at a few more events that I am still working on coordination logistics for. It's going to be a great summer!!!!

post-12873-0-61523000-1330876965_thumb.j

post-12873-0-96166800-1330876997_thumb.j

post-12873-0-69723400-1330877011_thumb.j

post-12873-0-94421900-1330877025_thumb.j

post-12873-0-30535100-1330877042_thumb.j

Thanks everyone. I normally keep it in a heated garage in eastern WA, and in a slip on lake Washington during the summer months. It was going to be in the yard for a week or so while I fiddled with things and dialed stuff in, but with freezing temps on the forecast two days this week it looks like it will have to go in a friends garage for the week.

Thanks everyone. I normally keep it in a heated garage in eastern WA, and in a slip on lake Washington during the summer months. It was going to be in the yard for a week or so while I fiddled with things and dialed stuff in, but with freezing temps on the forecast two days this week it looks like it will have to go in a friends garage for the week.

Love it!! You Know The NW WOW Is In Washington...July 19- 22nd Love to see it there!!

Unfortunately one of my inconsiderate life long friends is getting married that weekend. I was pretty bummed when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it out this year. Hopefully I'll end up crossing paths with some of the other members through out the summer!

Great looking MXZ! Congratulations, thats a Raider Nation color boat! Even though I am a 49er fan, still like your color combo!

Have fun and enjoy!

Edited by Fman

The silver metal flake is amazing in the sunlight. My photographer abilities definitely don't do it justice. This color will definitely turn heads on the water!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to launch the new boat and put another couple "break-in" hours on it. Everything went great, next step will be weighting her and getting some wakeboard time on her!!!!

post-12873-0-99974300-1333423456_thumb.j

post-12873-0-01867400-1333423667_thumb.j