Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Fman

Removing "21" Rear Transom Stainless Covers

Fman

I am considering adding some LED lights behing the rear "21" stainless covers on the corner of the boat, there are two screws, I removed them and it appears to be stuck on with adhesive. Has anyone here removed these before? and re-installed them? not sure if they are on with silicone, or an adhesive strip of some type?

Anyone have any ideas?

Malibuzer

My stereo guy does it all the time. They have a spray that helps remove the adhesive strips. I will call them in the morning and let you know what type of spray it is.

Fman

Malibuzer, thanks for checking on this.. I was a little hesitant about removing them and not being able to re-adhesive them back on.

calvinclark

Its a lot like the some of the 3m double sided adhesive strips. If you got box cutters and steady hands, its no problem to get loose. Whiskey helps...

Fman

What about re-installing them? What would I use to re-adhere them back on?

-Thanks for the removal tips! Appreciate it!

shawndoggy

3m vhb tape?

srintx

@ FMAN, did you take them off? How was it? Any issues with the gel?

Fman

@ Shawn, great idea, that should work...

@ Srintx, going to remove them this week, just ordered my LEDs, will let you know how it goes.... I am going to use a plastic putty knife, I think that will work the best, with a little adhesive remover.