Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Sunbrella Tower Cover - Vlx

Fman

Thanks again to Ben at ACME Tops and Tunes in Sacramento, CA for pulling together this G3 Tower Cover, they did a fantastic job on it. It completely covers the entire tower and bimini top in Sunbrella fabric, is made of 3 main pieces, 2 lower pieces, 1 rear hoop piece, and a G3 tower mirror cover as well. The cover can be towed with at freeway speeds, was towing at 75 MPH on the way home with no issues at all... will definitely help out with the bugs on those I-5 towes, and great sun protection while sitting outside. We designed the cover to go around the board racks and REV 10 speakers. The mirror can be towed attached or de-tached from the G3 Tower. The cover goes on and off much easier than I expected, especially with the velcro attachments, no snaps.

ACME Tops and Tunes - Sacramento, CA 95823 (916) 429-2293. Ben always delivers great results, highly recommend them for any stereo, window tinting and covers.

G3_8.jpg

G3_5.jpg

G3_9.jpg

G3_7.jpg

G3_10.jpg

G3_2.jpg

G3_11.jpg

G3_4.jpg

G3_13.jpg

G3_14.jpg

G3_12.jpg

Edited by Fman

I love it and want one! How much and do they have to make every one custom or will they already fit my 2011 VLX? I have to Rev 10s so not sure if that section might have to be slightly modified from your setup?

I love it and want one! How much and do they have to make every one custom or will they already fit my 2011 VLX? I have to Rev 10s so not sure if that section might have to be slightly modified from your setup?

Fman posted.

"We designed the cover to go around the board racks and REV 10 speakers."

Fman posted.

"We designed the cover to go around the board racks and REV 10 speakers."

I just realized that after re-reading OP. That is exciting

If anyone is interested in a cover, you can contact Ben. There is a lot of labor involved with this cover, it is fully binded and double stitched. The velcro is 2", and holds really well. I was hoping we could have a pattern to go off, but the boat really needs to be at the shop. I chose not to cover the board racks and rev 10 speakers, I am using seperate covers for those items.

There are three main pieces, one for each side of tower, and one for the center cross member that covers the bimini top. The two lower section side pieces can be left on or off, same with the rear hoop, it can be left on or off as well.

Emailed him and callled him...no luck :( . Thanks for the info-

If anyone is interested in a cover, you can contact Ben. There is a lot of labor involved with this cover, it is fully binded and double stitched. The velcro is 2", and holds really well. I was hoping we could have a pattern to go off, but the boat really needs to be at the shop. I chose not to cover the board racks and rev 10 speakers, I am using seperate covers for those items.

There are three main pieces, one for each side of tower, and one for the center cross member that covers the bimini top. The two lower section side pieces can be left on or off, same with the rear hoop, it can be left on or off as well.

Emailed him and callled him...no luck :( . Thanks for the info-

Ben is usually pretty good about returning calls and emails, I am sure you will hear something from him soon.

No worries, did he keep a pattern on the one he made for you? I dont need the speakers or the racks covered...

Ben is usually pretty good about returning calls and emails, I am sure you will hear something from him soon.

The cover can be towed with at freeway speeds, was towing at 75 MPH on the way home with no issues at all...

Good stuff. Hope it helps with speeding tickets too. :crazy:

Just got an email from Ben, no go unless you can get the boat to him...and the cost would put me out. :(

Dang... I was interested as well. Oh well... I guess if I really want one I'll check around local.

• 1 month later...