Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Triplex Surf Boards

h2ojunkie

Anyone have experience with these? Have been hearing some good stuff from some shops and I have spoke them (Tim @ TripleX) and they seem to have a good product. They made saltwater surf stuff since 03 and got into inland surfing stuff in 07 or 08 I think. Looking for some new board options and these seem to have some good experience,shaping,quality construction ect... behind them. Thinking I might give one a try, any feedback would be much appreciated.

www.triplexsurfandskim.com if you want to look at the stuff. (Was going to go with a Phase5 for a new skim as I have some IS boards for surf style but...? )

Edited by h2ojunkie

Doh! We'll you have to admit that's a killer shot. LOL.gif Thanks for posting that link. Thumbup.gif

Indeed, no doubt about that. I thought that was quite a bit of air for a surfboard :lol: .

I had already decided to go with a Triple X board, but I'm still unsure of which to go with. I've never surfed, and the wife is likely getting me one for my birthday. I want to decide between the Slasher, Nitro, or Composite Pro X boards. Slasher and Composite seem to be about $50 cheaper, which is a plus.

I'm 6'3", 225 lbs, so I want to chose a board with an appropriate size for me but I can still share with those smaller than me. Which one do you all suggest?

I don't own a Triple X board but I think I have done my home work. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let me know. :innocent:

I am new also and am going with the Nitro this board give you most of the perks as the other boards but is a little more forgiving and isn't as easy to ding up.

They say the bamboo is even a little harder to ding up. When I get better (Thinking 2 seasons) I will probably up grade to the Slasher. I will be looking to see what other people say too. Like I said before this is what I think not what I know.

Check out the nitro. I bought that board last year and love it. Give Tyler or Andrew a call at Bakes Marine and they can get you dialed in! They used to carry all the Triplex Boards, I'm only seeing one on-line?

I had already decided to go with a Triple X board, but I'm still unsure of which to go with. I've never surfed, and the wife is likely getting me one for my birthday. I want to decide between the Slasher, Nitro, or Composite Pro X boards. Slasher and Composite seem to be about $50 cheaper, which is a plus.

I'm 6'3", 225 lbs, so I want to chose a board with an appropriate size for me but I can still share with those smaller than me. Which one do you all suggest?

Edited by srintx

Talked to Paul at Bakes yesterday and ordered me a Nitro he said this is a great board and what sold me was he said it wouldn't tear up as easy as the other ones. :rockon:

When you guys speak of the TripleX boards being fragile, are they any more than IS boards? We have a Swallow and Blue Lake, no major issues and fairly durable as we are not hard on our equipment. The TripleX boards are said to be made with "Epoxy injection molding" as are the IS boards,therefor I would assume the X boards are similiar durability as IS boards? If not,explain please the differances ect... Tks

There are Triple x boards that are epoxy and others that are not. All the IS boards are epoxy. Non epoxy boards are more fragile in nature.

I got a Nitro for $379 shipped from Towanza. They seem to have the best prices and free shipping.

Here is the link - they are located in TX

http://towanza.com/

Looks like you haven't checked out Bakes pricing then..... Between the TMC discount and free shipping looks like they have the best pricing.

I bought a Nitro Pro from Bobby Light last season and LOVE IT. I'm 6'1" and 220-230 lbs and it keeps my Gorilla butt above water nicely. Very durable and no issues so far after one hard riding season. Be aware, it is fast and you will run up on the swim deck easily if you aren't paying attention. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my wife ordered (hasn't shown up yet) Nitro Pro for my birthday, red 5' version. She got it from here (with a $5 discount, making it $370 shipped):

http://www.shadeonme.com/products/Nitro-Pro-X-Wakesurf-Board-by-Triple-X-FREE-Traction-Pad.html

Looking forward to it showing up and getting to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a Composite Pro X as well. Wish I could demo one but no one around here demos boards. Sucks. Tideride,how is the feel of the board,loose enough for spins but enough speed so not to have to work it to much to get back in the sweet spot if ya fade back aways? I was also looking as Phase5 Danello Diamond. Have heard alot of good things about the TripleX boards tho and seem like a great value as well. Does the Comp ProX epoxy seem durable as the IS boards?

Edited by h2ojunkie
  • 2 weeks later...