Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vapor Lock Issues

This last summer I was plagued with what seems to be vapor lock type problems. I would have the sputtering of the motor and it would die only after sitting awhile in the hot sun. Even if I ran the fan the heat build up in the motor compartment seemed to be causing the gas to vapor lock. I have a 03' sun setter with the indamar 340. What should the pressure be on the fuel rail? Has anyone else had these issues. Could I have a fuel pump going out. I have changed the fuel filter. I have taken it to the dealer they said I need to run the fan more. help!

I had the same issue last year on a 2002 Sunsetter. After replacing about everything possible and reading every entry on this site, decided to install the vapor lock second fuel pump. Nothing resolved the problem until I added the second pump. Has not missed starting since. Cost was around $220 and took one hour to install.