Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cda Service Shop Recommendation

Olyfly

Hey folks,

New board member here. I'm looking at picking up a used boat out of Coeur d'Alene ID, and would like to get it checked out by a shop first. Can any of you recommend a good, reputable marine service shop in the area?

Thanks,

-Oly

Hey folks,

New board member here. I'm looking at picking up a used boat out of Coeur d'Alene ID, and would like to get it checked out by a shop first. Can any of you recommend a good, reputable marine service shop in the area?

Thanks,

-Oly

If it's a Malibu and it's not being sold by the dealer there, just take it to them. The Malibu dealer is The CDA Yacht Club.

No, it's a privately owned boat. Not from a dealer.

& thanks, I should have known there's a 'Bu dealer there in town....

BTW, please PM me if you're in the area and are familiar with some of the marine commercial business in the area. I have a few other questions I'd rather not air out in a public forum.

Thanks again. Hopefully this will work out and you'll have a new owner in the Crew.

I know Bill likes them, and it sounds like they take care of him. But exact opposite for me. I wouldn't use Hagadone either. I've had a few terrible experiences with their service dept. I also know another BU owner with a 2005 LSV who had a not so great experience with them. Use this guy, Call Chuck, tell him Bryan sent you. He is the man!

http://www.boatfxr.com/

Edited by skurfer

And if you're looking at that 05 VLX, I would be worried why the engine was replaced and why the wedge is missing. Still could be a good find with some elbow grease.

And if you're looking at that 05 VLX, I would be worried why the engine was replaced and why the wedge is missing. Still could be a good find with some elbow grease.

Could be the old HH, before the 383 stroker came out???

Well, it didn't work out. The owner sold it to another guy before I could get to it.

I'll post in the boat classifieds but give me a shout if you know of any '99 -'04 SS LXI's in the NW.

Thx