Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bindings for youth

DRAGONFLYPRINCESS

OK, I have a delima Surprised.gif I was looking for bindings to fit a child, age 6 with a size 1foot. I was told that the xs-m( so, a 3.5-6size) would fit him. Like a retard I bought them. Crazy.gif I got a great deal on the board too though. Anyway, were can i find bindings small enough? I know LF and Hyperlite make them but, I don't want to lose the adjustablity that I have with these boots. They are the mini spins. Is it bad if the bindings are to big? When his foot is in them there is alot of extra tongue that kinda bunches, up after I've tighned them as much as possible. H-E-L-P Cry.gif Thanks everyone.

You should be fine with the looser bindings for a six yr old. It's a lot less scary to a kid if he/she can get out of the boots after a fall. Unless your child is jumping or doing aggressive flat water tricks you'll be OK IMO.

Do you remember the old sandel style bindings? Any boot binding kicks the hech out of those.

Joe

I got my son the hyperlite state. Kids size. They are adjustable, and he loves them. This is his second set of bindings, because the first ones were to loose.

post-72-1138325668_thumb.jpg

You should be fine with the looser bindings for a six yr old. It's a lot less scary to a kid if he/she can get out of the boots after a fall. Unless your child is jumping or doing aggressive flat water tricks you'll be OK IMO.

Do you remember the old sandel style bindings? Any boot binding kicks the hech out of those.

Joe

I agree when just starting out a loose binding would be ok. IMO

We have mini spins on the smallest wake board. My son learned with these. The looked huge at first, but they worked. The fact that he came out of them on most falls was OK because then he free in the water to swim. After 2 summers he has grown out of them.

I got my son the hyperlite state. Kids size. They are adjustable, and he loves them. This is his second set of bindings, because the first ones were to loose.post-72-1138325668_thumb.jpg

How old was he when he started to wakeboard?