Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

4 Wetsound Pro 69 Or 2 Rev 10

Hentz

I think I know the answer of this but will 4 pro 6x9 be at all in the same ball park as 2 Rev 10's as far as sound while boarding. I hardly ever play music while the boat is sitting. So just looking for something I can hear while boarding.

Hentz,

There is a lot more involved in the comparison but if you are just asking about "in the ballpark", the collective surface area of four 6X9s is approaching that of two 10s. They are both Proaxial HLCDs. So its in the ballpark as far as projection goes.

David

I can speak for the pair of Rev 10's. You will have absolutely no problem hearing them well past 80 ft and they will also sound great surfing and in the boat.

I personally think a pair of Rev 10's with the G3 bracket on the G3 tower is the best looking wetsounds setup out there. The stainless and black speaker blend in very well with the black and chrome tower.

tower.jpg

Edited by Murphy8166

I can speak for the pair of Rev 10's. You will have absolutely no problem hearing them well past 80 ft and they will also sound great surfing and in the boat.

I personally think a pair of Rev 10's with the G3 bracket on the G3 tower is the best looking wetsounds setup out there. The stainless and black speaker blend in very well with the black and chrome tower.

tower.jpg

Will the rev 10's fit on the bracket for the Pro 6 x 9's? I ask because I have a light set up and I would rather not mess with that. Here is a pic.

2011-10-18181923-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

May be in a similar situation. Just picked-up an '10 23LSV with the factory 4 6x9's with front and rear lights. I'm very torn on what to do:

2 Pair of Pro696RS in the factory cans

or

1 Pair of Rev 10's

Price is pretty much the same. I'm leaning towards the Pro696RS to keep the lights ect, but hope they are not harsh and provide good midbass. Hoping for some great input.

May be in a similar situation. Just picked-up an '10 23LSV with the factory 4 6x9's with front and rear lights. I'm very torn on what to do:

I am staying with the 6x9's because I wthe to keep the lights as well. However if you change your mind and have the crinkle finish cans, I would be interested in purchasing a pair of your pros.

2 Pair of Pro696RS in the factory cans

or

1 Pair of Rev 10's

Price is pretty much the same. I'm leaning towards the Pro696RS to keep the lights ect, but hope they are not harsh and provide good midbass. Hoping for some great input.

Hentz, will let you know. Did you go with a set of the wetsoudns 6x9's yet for the cans you have? Anyone else want to chime in?

I was in the same situation last spring. Debating doing 4 WS 6X9's or just selling the cans too.

I did learn that some of the 6X9 cans do not provide a direct drop in for the wetsounds stuff. I suspect that Brett from Star One or even Tim at Wetsounds might know. IIRC, some year's worked perfectly and some did not.

Hentz, did your speakers fit right in?

I went ahead and spent the money for 2 pair of REV 10's and could not be happier.

I was in the same situation last spring. Debating doing 4 WS 6X9's or just selling the cans too.

I did learn that some of the 6X9 cans do not provide a direct drop in for the wetsounds stuff. I suspect that Brett from Star One or even Tim at Wetsounds might know. IIRC, some year's worked perfectly and some did not.

Hentz, did your speakers fit right in?

I went ahead and spent the money for 2 pair of REV 10's and could not be happier.

Tallredrider,

I have the OEM Titan cans with the upgraded wetsounds 6x9's so they do fit great.

The plant shelf's look odd on the G3 IMO. Not sure why Malibu R&D did not put more time in to a more streamlined design like the Exile and Wetsounds mounts.

• 1 year later...

Tallredrider,

I have the OEM Titan cans with the upgraded wetsounds 6x9's so they do fit great.

So how do 4 wetsound 6x9s compare with 2 Rev 10s?

I have 4 pro 6/9 and 3 pairs of rev 10's. each pair is power by an arc amp. When tuned with an oscope the revs sounded better both on and off the water.

• Like 2

The 6x9s can prob be every bit as loud...but likely less warm less balanced that the larger Rev can provide.

Makes sense. I don't like the look of just one pair of rev 10s the tower just looks naked. Two would be nice. What about the 410s? Can you just run them or they usually paired with another pair of rev 10s?

Snub- a pair of rev10s/ Exile9s seem to give a great balance of sound and a clean tower for most folks... I for one certainly not looking to clutter up my tower, bump my head and make things more complicated. Also, this stuff is pricey just to fill up a tower for looks and bling appeal.

A pair of 410s would certainly fill up Any wake tower... And have amazing sound. But pricey and those things are HUGE, and require tons of power, more amps, more batteries, more charging, more of everything.

Depends on what you are after.

Edited by nyryan2001

A pair of Rev-410 can be powered by a single Syn-4 bridged into 2 chnl mode for 400W to each pod. This is the same amp regularly used for a single pair of Rev-10. So no more consideration towards amps, batteries and charging with a pair of 410's, then with a single pair of Rev-10. If budget permitted, an SD-4 would be the way to go though.

Snub- a pair of rev10s/ Exile9s seem to give a great balance of sound and a clean tower for most folks... I for one certainly not looking to clutter up my tower, bump my head and make things more complicated. Also, this stuff is pricey just to fill up a tower for looks and bling appeal.

A pair of 410s would certainly fill up Any wake tower... And have amazing sound. But pricey and those things are HUGE, and require tons of power, more amps, more batteries, more charging, more of everything.

Depends on what you are after.

Well currently I have a 2012 mxz with the stock fosgate system. I have the 8 inch diameter interiors speakers. I want a really loud system with alot of bass. So I was thinking of running a new amp to the interior speakers and putting in 4 6x9 ws or a pair of rev 10 or a rev 3 some and either the wetsounds xxx 12 sub or a competition JL sub. I'm thinking this would cost around 5k?

Just got home from first weekend with 2 pair Rev10's. I love the way they sound, even the wife was impressed how well they sound when cranked up. I have had 6.5, 6x9, and Pro80 with MB8 set ups and will never look back from now on. One set is all you will need, I already had the DXT brackets so I went with 2 pair. Thanks to David and his crew at Earmark for great service!

Just got home from first weekend with 2 pair Rev10's. I love the way they sound, even the wife was impressed how well they sound when cranked up. I have had 6.5, 6x9, and Pro80 with MB8 set ups and will never look back from now on. One set is all you will need, I already had the DXT brackets so I went with 2 pair. Thanks to David and his crew at Earmark for great service!

Why do you say only one pair? Even for someone who wants it real loud?

If you want real loud 2 pair will do that, I really didn't expect them to sound that good at that volume. I replaced the Pro80/MB8 combo and really wondered how much more it would be. It was definitely worth the money, the best part to me is being able to turn up the tower and down on the cabin while still having good mid bass.