Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleaning A Shorestation Canopy

skihorse

I wash my top with a car wash soap on my lawn. rinse it before I pack it up for the winter. It's 15 years old now and showing age now. This year before I put it away I gave it a misting with 303 but it will be another month before it comes out if the weather does not change.

I hope it comes out soft and rejuvenated and beautiful !!! :lol:

P.S. I get 303 by the gallon from my auto store and use it all over my boat. Its not so expensive this way and a gallon will get me four to five years.

I wash mine in fall on its frame using a long-handled mop (looks like a car wash mitt mounted on a poll). I dunk it into a bucket filled with car wash soap, scrub and then rinse. It works quite well. I like Sixball's idea of misting it with 303 once cleaned.

I used diluted Simple Green. It worked surprisingly well. On the lawn, hosed it off, air dry, fold and store for winter. I like the 303 idea too. It can't hurt right? The drying out is what you try to prevent.

Sounds like I will be trying the simple green then hit it w 303. I pic k up the new TXi next week. Time to set the course and get at it!!!

Sounds like I will be trying the simple green then hit it w 303. I pic k up the new TXi next week. Time to set the course and get at it!!!

Or you could bring the TXI over to my house and I could keep it for you! :biggrin: I will be very anxious to get a report on the boat..

Or you could bring the TXI over to my house and I could keep it for you! :biggrin: I will be very anxious to get a report on the boat..

Thats what I was thinking..