Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Customer Service Questionnaire

Fman

I have filled out three of them, two via mail and one on-line. All have been sent to me by Malibu, and nobody has ever returned a phone call which I requested on each survey. Has anyone else filled one out and had a follow up phone call? I am surprised after three of them nobody has ever contacted me. I realize they build a lot of boats, but it would sure be nice to have a phone call from them.... would definitely give you the "welcome to the Malibu family" feeling...

Edited by Fman

Actually guys, Malibu does see them, and if your dealer hasn't said so, it's pretty important for the dealer too. So, please fill them out and send them back in if at all possible. And, if you have issues or concerns it's always great to hear from you in person (as a dealer), in addition to replying to Malibu.

Thanks!

Peter

Actually guys, Malibu does see them, and if your dealer hasn't said so, it's pretty important for the dealer too. So, please fill them out and send them back in if at all possible. And, if you have issues or concerns it's always great to hear from you in person (as a dealer), in addition to replying to Malibu.

Thanks!

Peter

Peter, it would be nice if they actually returned a phone call from them. The last one I filled out I actually put "If you are reading this, make me a believer and give me a call!"..... LOL, that was three months ago. My friend is looking to purchase a new MB, he actually was able to call Mike Brendella, the owner of MB and ask him questions about the 2012 models. This is the downfall to Malibu, they seem to be a much larger company, trying to get in contact with anyone other than the front desk secretary who knows nothing about boats is near impossible.

Still have heard nothing back from Malibu on a 2011 keyed backup retro-fit, it would have been a really nice customer service action to upgrade 2011 owners who wanted to have the keyed backup. I realize they cant do every boat, but if someone is inquiring about it they could have done it at the dealer for them. This is why I ended up purchasing your plug 'n play module, its the next best thing.

Edited by Fman

i have yet to receive one and had the boat since end of June. Not through email or postal.

Got mine mid June and haven't seen anything either. I'm sure something will show up sooner or later, I think they like to give you some time to get some hours logged before sending the surveys...

Still have heard nothing back from Malibu on a 2011 keyed backup retro-fit, it would have been a really nice customer service action to upgrade 2011 owners who wanted to have the keyed backup. I realize they cant do every boat, but if someone is inquiring about it they could have done it at the dealer for them. This is why I ended up purchasing your plug 'n play module, its the next best thing.

I realize it's too late now, but FWIW I did a factory tour last week and the guy who gave our tour (can't recall his name) mentioned that they have a backup key retrofit kit for 2011 owners.

I realize it's too late now, but FWIW I did a factory tour last week and the guy who gave our tour (can't recall his name) mentioned that they have a backup key retrofit kit for 2011 owners.

Thats interesting Peter is a dealer, and he did not even have any knowledge of a keyed backup available to 2011 owners. I also contacted my dealer and they knew nothing about it.

Thats interesting Peter is a dealer, and he did not even have any knowledge of a keyed backup available to 2011 owners. I also contacted my dealer and they knew nothing about it.

Interesting I talked to R&D and nothing is available.

Interesting I talked to R&D and nothing is available.

I remember the retrofit being mentioned because he stated that the key was left off the 2011s. When he mentioned the retrofit, I commented that I had read where people had issues when the touchscreen failed and they didn't have a key option available.

Maybe I misunderstood him & he didn't call me on it. Sorry for any misdirection. I REALLY wish I could remember his name...

I remember the retrofit being mentioned because he stated that the key was left off the 2011s. When he mentioned the retrofit, I commented that I had read where people had issues when the touchscreen failed and they didn't have a key option available.

Maybe I misunderstood him & he didn't call me on it. Sorry for any misdirection. I REALLY wish I could remember his name...

No problem, Peters ignition module is pretty slick, it takes a couple minutes to hook up and does the same thing. Not as convenient as the key, but will do in a pinch, and a reasonable price as well.

This is a tangent off the thread, but in response to the above post - Re: Backup Key Switch

Well, here we are again. :/

The latest news is that in a few months a retrofit harness and key switch will be coming out. "A few months" is loosely being used, so don't hold your breath, but that's the official word. The harness will have a wire that will need to be run from the engine to the dash, so it the whole thing will require an "installation".

So after months of no no no no, now it's yes, in a few months.

Peter.

This is a tangent off the thread, but in response to the above post - Re: Backup Key Switch

The latest news is that in a few months a retrofit harness and key switch will be coming out. "A few months" is loosely being used, so don't hold your breath, but that's the official word. The harness will have a wire that will need to be run from the engine to the dash, so it the whole thing will require an "installation".

Peter.

Hello left hand, meet right hand! :Doh:

Peter.

Ok Peter, now my next question.... will this be a free upgrade for 2011 owners or will we have to pay for it? or maybe "parts only", free labor type of deal.... probably wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks for the update....

Nothing for free Fman - It had not been priced when I spoke with them, but the person said "it's not going to be cheap".... but who knows - that's a very subjective term as well.

Peter