Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
wakesetter8796

Speaker And Amp Help

wakesetter8796

Ok, change of plans. My dad says we are keeping the alpha 1's in the 08 instead of taking the smt65's from the 01, because the dealer said it wasn't worth the switch and the alpha's sound fine anyway. So, I have 8 inboats I will have installed, with no amp powering them. I currently have 4, and they are powered off the HU. The towers are powered off a 400.2, sub is 500.2.

I have a 400.4 powering the towers in the other boat, should I take that out only? Would the speakers not work in that boat?

Bobby Light

Ok, change of plans. My dad says we are keeping the alpha 1's in the 08 instead of taking the smt65's from the 01, because the dealer said it wasn't worth the switch and the alpha's sound fine anyway. So, I have 8 inboats I will have installed, with no amp powering them. I currently have 4, and they are powered off the HU. The towers are powered off a 400.2, sub is 500.2.

I have a 400.4 powering the towers in the other boat, should I take that out only? Would the speakers not work in that boat?

You can't reliably power 8 inboats off the deck with the other gear you have in the boat. You need another amp, sounds like the other boat is set up the way it needs to be.

wakesetter8796

All the other boat has is 4 infinitys that sound bad, and two smt65's powered by a 400.4. Would the 400.4 power the 8 inboats?

wakesetter8796

How would the smt's sound without an amp? lol

shawndoggy

All the other boat has is 4 infinitys that sound bad, and two smt65's powered by a 400.4. Would the 400.4 power the 8 inboats?

yes it should. It'd be tapped (running two speakers one each channel) but that's way better than trying to power them off of the HU.

Bobby Light

How would the smt's sound without an amp? lol

Worse than the infinities.

wakesetter8796

Oh dang....

wakesetter8796

My dad does not want to buy another amp, so I guess we will have to pull the amp out of the 01.

wakesetter8796

Actually, he said we couldn't take the amp out of the other boat. I don't know how we will get by with 8 in boats, a 400.2 amp, two tower speakers, a subwoofer, and a 500.2 amp.

Murphy8166

Sounds like it may be time for a summer job!!!!

wakesetter8796

Murphy8166

Yes!

That a boy!!!! You sound like you are lights years ahead of others at your age, keep up the good decision making!!!!!!