Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blue Sea System

TheBoy82

I'm trying to figure out the best spot to mount the ACR and the battery switch. I'm keeping all of it together in the storage compartment behind the spotters seat. Do any of you have any input on this? This is going on a '05 VLX.

This is my set up not the same boat but I think it would work. If you was to do this set up make sure you don't screw all the way to the outside. I just made sure their was padding on the other side wear I put my screws. This isn't a finished project I am still waiting on my last battery to come in so over look the fact its not clean looking yet. But just wanted to try and help. good luck :thumbup:

2012-02-28105945.jpg

2012-02-28110022.jpg

2012-02-28110000.jpg

Edited by Bradley Thornton

I'm trying to figure out the best spot to mount the ACR and the battery switch. I'm keeping all of it together in the storage compartment behind the spotters seat. Do any of you have any input on this? This is going on a '05 VLX.

Little advice from a user perspective. Put it as close to the hatch as possible so you don't have to reach way in there to turn the switch, that really sucks.

This is my set up not the same boat but I think it would work. If you was to do this set up make sure you don't screw all the way to the outside. I just made sure their was padding on the other side wear I put my screws. This isn't a finished project I am still waiting on my last battery to come in so over look the fact its not clean looking yet. But just wanted to try and help. good luck :thumbup:

Thanks! Yeah I'm a little leery about putting the screws all the way through. I'll just wait to crack open the first beer after that part.

My two batteries are on the HULL side and the switch is just inside to the left when you open the hatch, right next to the seat back when you open the hatch (front of switch is facing front of boat, looks like may be same spot bradley has his prosport charger) sorry don't have any pics. I like that its hidden but sometimes i have to stick my head in the compartment to see what the switch is on and that is a little annoying

Edited by t a

My two batteries are on the HULL side and the switch is just inside to the left when you open the hatch, right next to the seat back when you open the hatch (front of switch is facing front of boat, looks like may be same spot bradley has his prosport charger) sorry don't have any pics. I like that its hidden but sometimes i have to stick my head in the compartment to see what the switch is on and that is a little annoying

This is the same spot I have my charger.

Same, left side of compartment, I built a little frame and carpeted it so the wires could pass behind and down.

IMG_5184.jpg

Same, left side of compartment, I built a little frame and carpeted it so the wires could pass behind and down.

Wow...that turned out nice.