Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Edge

Michigan boarder

At the Grand Rapids boat show a couple of weeks ago I ran across the Malibu lineup...at the Action Watersports display. Got to talking with them and they said that The Edge (in Portage) is no longer the Malibu dealer. Action now sells the Malibu line, but The Edge might be still doing maintenance. The Edge did not have a display.

What gives? I do 99% of my own work, just curious.

Edited by Michigan boarder

Sad but true ... I think The Edge (great group of guys there) might put something out on this ... Gull Lake Marine now sells Malibus.

The same thing that happened to Bakes happened to The Edge. I will still buy parts from The Edge and have them do work.

I agree. It was disappointing to see that Malibu and the Edge decided to go separate ways. I did learn from them that they will continue to offer their excellent service to Malibu owners and will continue to have access to parts. I continue to be impressed with the friendly and helpful advice I get from the Edge whenever I stop in, and based on the number of Malibu's they have sold over the last couple decades, I am not the only one.

I agree. It was disappointing to see that Malibu and the Edge decided to go separate ways. I did learn from them that they will continue to offer their excellent service to Malibu owners and will continue to have access to parts. I continue to be impressed with the friendly and helpful advice I get from the Edge whenever I stop in, and based on the number of Malibu's they have sold over the last couple decades, I am not the only one.

Agree with the above 100%.

It is VERY disappointing that "new" Malibu does not give any credit to long time dealers that took the time and effort to build their brand for them. To be honest, when I was looking for my first Inboard boat, I was seriously considering a Supra. There is a Moomba dealer very close to me that would have serviced it. If not for Zach and everyone else at "The Edge" I would not be in a Malibu today.

This general unhappiness with Malibu not only applies to "The Edge" but other dealers that have been shafted (Bakes, and who knows who else. It seems Malibu is trying to keep this their little secret)

Here is a press release from the Malibu Blog on Gull Lake, No mention of how Malibu cut "The Edge" out of their dealer network to make this happen, but I guess it is their blog...

http://malibuboats.blogspot.com/2012/02/michigan-dealer-picks-up-malibu-and.html

I don't want everyone to jump on Malibu too harshly. This was a decision that The Edge and Malibu mutually agreed on. It was just time to part ways

We want to thank everyone who helped The Edge build the Malibu brand in S.W. Michigan. We appreciate the kind words on our behalf.

Looking at the numbers, we have been dominating this area for quite sometime now and we don't intend to slow down. In fact, we did VERY well last year in this SW corner of Michigan.

Keep an eye on our website, Facebook, and blog, as there are a few exciting things about to happen. On to bigger and better things...

I will still come here from time to time to offer any insights I may have.

Thanks again,

Zach Thommen

Sales Manager, The Edge inc

I don't want everyone to jump on Malibu too harshly. This was a decision that The Edge and Malibu mutually agreed on. It was just time to part ways

We want to thank everyone who helped The Edge build the Malibu brand in S.W. Michigan. We appreciate the kind words on our behalf.

Looking at the numbers, we have been dominating this area for quite sometime now and we don't intend to slow down. In fact, we did VERY well last year in this SW corner of Michigan.

Keep an eye on our website, Facebook, and blog, as there are a few exciting things about to happen. On to bigger and better things...

I will still come here from time to time to offer any insights I may have.

Thanks again,

Zach Thommen

Sales Manager, The Edge inc

Very classy, Zach. Good for you.

this is really interesting to me since i live just a short distance from the action water sports fenton store.

i bought on the east side of the state and it takes me an hour to get to the store.

action is much closer.

they don't have any indication on their web site, yet, that malibu is a new addition.

edit:

phoned action in fenton and they are not planning on the malibu line.

they confirmed gull lake has the malibu line-up.

Edited by tvano

this is really interesting to me since i live just a short distance from the action water sports fenton store.

i bought on the east side of the state and it takes me an hour to get to the store.

action is much closer.

they don't have any indication on their web site, yet, that malibu is a new addition.

My mistake, Action is where I brought a new Broadcast for a buddy while at the show ($199 new!). Gull Lake Marine, in Richland (north of Kalamazoo) is the new Malibu dealer (see MalibuNation's post above)

My mistake, Action is where I brought a new Broadcast for a buddy while at the show ($199 new!). Gull Lake Marine, in Richland (north of Kalamazoo) is the new Malibu dealer (see MalibuNation's post above)

darn. another good idea that didn't work.Cry.gif

i did see MalibuNation's post but it just added to my confusion.

Edited by tvano

The Edge is a great group of guys. I worked there for several summer while I attended Western Michigan. I can't tell you how many memories I have there, and I have several long lasting friendships that will never go away. On top of that my family has purchased three boats from them over the years. It's very disappointing to see, especially knowing my family has a 2012 VTX on their floor now. Zach.... how will Warranty work (knock on wood) for people who have newly purchased boats from The Edge. Will the Edge still service these warranties or does that transfer over to Gull Lake? I talked to Farkas a little bit about it, but don't recall exactly what he mentioned.

We are still performing all service and warranty work though Malibu, the free dockside service warranty we sold everyone is still there too. And although we're switching engine manufacturers to PCM, we will remain a full indmar dealer as well. Our service guys are second to none in the area. All of them have been factory trained by both Malibu and indmar for the past 20 or so years.

• 4 months later...

I have known the guys at The Edge for a very long time and today they just reconfirmed what many of us already know, they are the best. There service is second to none!!!!

They absolutely make you feel like family.

Well done, thank you Zach and Mike.

• Like 1