Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect Pass Display

termite

I would like to up grade from Digital Pro (stock) to Stargazer and retain the factory gauge. On the 05 Response the tac has a single line PP display and I understand you need a double line display to support Stargazer ? What options do I have ?

Thanks

Pretty sure your only option is to upgrade your PP display.

If I were you (and had the cash :( ) I would toss (sell) both the gauges you have now and get a full sized tac and a new multiline PP gauge. The best of both worlds :thumbup:

I would like to up grade from Digital Pro (stock) to Stargazer and retain the factory gauge. On the 05 Response the tac has a single line PP display and I understand you need a double line display to support Stargazer ? What options do I have ?

Thanks

You have no options if you wnat to do that. Multi line is superior in all respects, however, you'll like it.

Multi line is superior in all respects, however, you'll like it.

I agree completely, the multi line display is a really nice (and necessary for Stargazer) upgrade. I will add though that I wish there was a dimming function for use at night. That display is friggin' blinding when it's dark. I have to cover it up to be able to see where I'm going. It's hasn't been a deal breaker for me, as I'm not out after dark very often. But for someone that does, could become an issue.

I agree completely, the multi line display is a really nice (and necessary for Stargazer) upgrade. I will add though that I wish there was a dimming function for use at night. That display is friggin' blinding when it's dark. I have to cover it up to be able to see where I'm going. It's hasn't been a deal breaker for me, as I'm not out after dark very often. But for someone that does, could become an issue.

LOL.gif That is true. It's one of the reasons you can see it so well during the day, but I agree....it is bright at night!

I had pulled the Stargazer out of our last boat prior to sale and have the 3.5 inch display. It would seem the 5 inch PP display would look oversized in the dash and out of kind with the other gauges ? Was there ever a factory gauge made with a double line PP display ?

I had pulled the Stargazer out of our last boat prior to sale and have the 3.5 inch display. It would seem the 5 inch PP display would look oversized in the dash and out of kind with the other gauges ? Was there ever a factory gauge made with a double line PP display ?

I don't follow you...you have 5" on your 05. Yes, there is 5" multi line displays if thats what you're asking

I don't follow you...you have 5" on your 05. Yes, there is 5" multi line displays if thats what you're asking

I was thinking I could replace the stock 5 " gauge (tac/ single line PP display) with a factory 5 " (tac/multi line PP display) ?

It looks like I will need to eather replace the tac or look into a gauge pod and mount the PP display to the side . If I come up with something a will post.

Thanks

Made a bracket to mount display to side. post-7402-0-76057000-1331268193_thumb.jp

Edited by termite