Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need A Different Prop For 2000 Response Li

SkiBum26

Hello I have a 2000 malibu response LX with a 13x13 LH stainless steel prop. I would like a prop that would hold low speeds better. We mainly slalom and wakeboard. We are going to get into wakesurfing this year and we do some barefooting. Do I need a 4 blade?

Shouldn't need a 4 blade, but a new CNC'd 3 blade 13x11.5 or so. They have more surface area than a standard 4 blade and should do all you need them to without the extra expense of a 4 blade. I have a 13x12 and it works great for us--the 11.5 should hold low speed very well.

Whatever you do, get rid of that CVP stainless time bomb.

Search CVP prop here and read for yourself. I found a crack in my CVP last year and replaced it with an OJ CNC 13x12 and couldnt be happier. The hole shot improved significantly and the boat runs much smoother...less vibration in the stearing wheel. Speed was within about 1 mph of the stainless prop; I dont remember if it was faster or slower but the Perfect Pass was slightly off GPS speed.

I did a lot of research here before deciding on OJ over ACME but they both got good reviews. I ultimately choose 13x12 over 13x11.5 because I wanted my engine to run at fewer RPMs for better engine life, fuel economy, and less noise.

I forget where I bought mine but I just googled the prop I wanted and compared prices.

Edit: I have the Monsoon 320 (325?) for reference.

Edited by Oberon

Search CVP prop here and read for yourself. I found a crack in my CVP last year and replaced it with an OJ CNC 13x12 and couldnt be happier. The hole shot improved significantly and the boat runs much smoother...less vibration in the stearing wheel. Speed was within about 1 mph of the stainless prop; I dont remember if it was faster or slower but the Perfect Pass was slightly off GPS speed.

I did a lot of research here before deciding on OJ over ACME but they both got good reviews. I ultimately choose 13x12 over 13x11.5 because I wanted my engine to run at fewer RPMs for better engine life, fuel economy, and less noise.

I forget where I bought mine but I just googled the prop I wanted and compared prices.

Edit: I have the Monsoon 320 (325?) for reference.

I have a 1998 Response LX. The Monsoon 325 EFI was an option in 2000 but I have no clue what engine your boat has. On another note I always thought my engine was a 320 but the spec sheet in the DIY/resources section of this website lists it as 325. I suppose it could be atteibuted to my poor memory...

I have essentially the same boat and Eric at OJ suggested the 13 X 11.5 LC 1 1/8" XMP 3-blade, part #330. I love it :rockon:

lost maybe 1mph off the top end but it pulls better and is considerably smoother. And it is not prone to :blowup:

I have essentially the same boat and Eric at OJ suggested the 13 X 11.5 LC 1 1/8" XMP 3-blade, part #330. I love it :rockon:

lost maybe 1mph off the top end but it pulls better and is considerably smoother. And it is not prone to :blowup:

Did it increase fuel consumption? What did it do to the RPM's?

• 4 weeks later...