Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kill Switch

85 Barefoot

When mine started to fail it would kill the motor then come back to life pretty quick after we stoped, some times before. Yes it will/can make it sound/ act like it is missing. Easy test is to make a jumper wire and use that to see if it fixes the problem.

2007 Malibu Model Year did not have a kill switch equipped on any makes / models so you are not missing anything.

Never heard a good reason why to be honest.

Paul

2007 Malibu Model Year did not have a kill switch equipped on any makes / models so you are not missing anything.

Never heard a good reason why to be honest.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Exactly the confirmation I was looking for.

• 1 year later...

I just bought a 2007 Malibu V Ride 25th Anniversary Silver Edition. Just curious about the kill switch? No sign of one. Are they putting them on newer models? Confused?

I just bought a 2007 Malibu V Ride 25th Anniversary Silver Edition. Just curious about the kill switch? No sign of one. Are they putting them on newer models? Confused?

See answer above your post. Your 07 boat didn't get one.

Alabama has a kill switch law, so I guess I will have to install one. There were not very many responses is why I reasked the question to be sure. Seems strange to not install them for one year. Thanks for your reply!

• 6 years later...

I bought a 2007 v-ride brand new. It did not have the kill switch installed. I’m heading to Alabama for a week this summer. Does anybody know the stock location for a 2006 or 2008 kill switch? Both physical location and wiring?