Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailers

Ghostlake Surfer

Just wondering if anyone has had any damage caused by their Extreme Trailer?

For some reason last season, the last two times I but the boat on the trailer the front underside of the boat hit the cross beam before the front v bumper and damaged my boat to the point where a 1 foot section of the gel coat has been torn away exposing the fibreglass.

Most of the extreme trailers I’ve look at since all have “V” on the front cross bean, where mine is virtually straight. When the boat is on the trailer, I have less than an inch clearance between the two. My local dealership has been trying to explain what happen to Extreme with little to no success.

Someone from Extreme is going to be contacting me but I was hoping to get any additional feedback before I speak to them.

Just wondering if anyone has had any damage caused by their Extreme Trailer?

For some reason last season, the last two times I but the boat on the trailer the front underside of the boat hit the cross beam before the front v bumper and damaged my boat to the point where a 1 foot section of the gel coat has been torn away exposing the fibreglass.

Most of the extreme trailers I’ve look at since all have “V” on the front cross bean, where mine is virtually straight. When the boat is on the trailer, I have less than an inch clearance between the two. My local dealership has been trying to explain what happen to Extreme with little to no success.

Someone from Extreme is going to be contacting me but I was hoping to get any additional feedback before I speak to them.

Ya a couple of pics would be great...I have an extreme trailer, but have no such problem. But an amxious to hear what extreme has to say.

Do you have the torsion axles? ANd is your trailer single of tandem axle?

His trailer is a Tandem (23LSV) and it would have torsion axles being a 2008. I am curious to see some pics as well.. You told me about this problem when I met you at the boat show but if anyone else has pics (Bobby Light) of their Extreme trailer the OP can compare setups.

Thanks for everyones replys so far. Can someone please tell me how you post a pic to this website. I've never done it before and i can't seem to figure it out

Thanks

My "Not so Extreme" Extreme is not very friendly on my VTX. The two front bunks really beat up the hull. I have replaced my carpet a few times already on them. Looking forward to trying a Boatmate this time!

The easiest way is to Upload the image to an external site such as Photobucket.com... Then copy the direct link from that site and paste it here under the insert image tab.

Or email it to me and I can help post the pic for you... I will PM you my email..

My "Not so Extreme" Extreme is not very friendly on my VTX. The two front bunks really beat up the hull. I have replaced my carpet a few times already on them. Looking forward to trying a Boatmate this time!

I prefer the Boatmate and have had both.

Wheretheboathitthetrailer.jpg

Ghost Lake sent me the pics. This is the location on the trailer that the keel of the boat came in contact.

Aug222009007.jpg

This is a picture that shows where the damage to the boat is compared to where it hit the trailer.

Damagetoboatfromtrailer.jpg

Here is the damage on the boat.

How steep is the launch where you boat? I am assuming you are out a Ghost Lake?

Last season we were at Lake Windermere. The boat ramp is no steeper than at Ghost Lake

• 5 months later...

same problem with my extreme trailer - relatively steep ramp in central oregon - trashed my hull. To me - this is s design flaw and even though I am about 3 months past warranty - I think Extreme should cover the cost of the gelcoat repair and trailer mods (that i would prefer Ryan trailers in Oregon to do).

jkendallmsce

ALthough I don't have it on my LXI trailer which is an Etreme , the trailer we had built for the old lake boat (we had DHL I think in Sacramento, but have since changed names) but any way intstead of the say 8 " x8" carpeted pad for the bow of the boat, I had them install a 2 ft V, so there is 2 carpeted 2x6s that form a v just as the bow pad does, it just runs from where the bow pad it, towards the back of the boat approx 2 ft in lenght....which does a couple of things...if cradles and supports the bow much better, but as you are loading the boat, as soon as the bow slips into the V, it centers the boat and make it almost impossible to get it sideways. I am not sure why that don't do that on all trailers, but not sure why the don't install that MC clip on all boats,,,,then the car driver never has to get outta the car.