Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Size Intake Hose For 06 23 Lsv Monsoon

wakeboarder3780

Wondering if anyone can help me out. My boat is in storage and I was just wondering what size of perko flush kit to buy. Does anyone know what size intake is on a 2006 23 LSV? I'm guessing 1 1/4 but I would like to confirm if possible. The part will sit around for a few months before being installed so returns would be a hassle.

Side note, anyone installed these in a v-drive? The intake hose makes an upside down U and I was thinking I would put it near the top of the U but I was wishing the inlets on the flush kit angled down a bit to help bend with the U. Has anyone installed this on a v-drive? If so where did you install yours (pictures if possible?)

TIA

Yes, 1 1/4".

It's a real tight fit to put it right before the vdrive. I'd suggest putting it after the vdrive on the long hose that runs up to the raw water pump. If you aren't going to install the transom through hull, leaving a short length of garden hose on the flush pro will make it easy to get to even if its mounted in an inconvenient place.

Did you do this on yours shawndoggy? Only reason I really wanted to put it before the v-drive was because I wanted to get that v-drive cooler (that is why water runs through the v-drive right? not really sure) full of antifreeze too. Have you winterized yours by having a flush kit on the other side? Has the boat been in really cold conditions? No problems?

Thanks for the fast response!

Edited by wakeboarder3780

I have a flush pro just so it's easy to run the boat on the hose. I just drain everything to winterize, like it says to do in the manual. To do it right, you always need to manually drain everything, even if you are going to fill with antifreeze. By that time, chances are that the thermostat will have closed, even if you warmed the engine up beforehand. If the reason for the flushpro is to manually fill with antifreeze, I think you are better off keeping your $100 and backfilling the hoses from the top of the motor (after draining it).

Flush pro is for filling the block with antifreeze and running it in the driveway. Don't worry though, I always remove the t-stat and drain before filling with antifreeze. Takes about 10 gallons but well worth it IMO. No problems yet with that method but only been running it one year.

I used to do straight up draining, but when I got the 06 I decided to go the antifreeze route. I could probably get away with just draining.

Back on topic though, you said you "just drain everything". Did you ever do anything with the v-drive cooler? Let me try to explain. The raw water starts at the through hull and connects to the starboard side of the v-drive housing. Then it comes out the port side of the v-drive housing and runs back to the impeller. I always assumed running through the v-drive housing was for v-drive cooling.

If you drain your engine and everything, there is still a chance there is water in this v-drive housing. Do you disconnect any hoses or anything from the v-drive housing to drain it? Would like to see some discussion around this.

On your 06 I'm pretty sure the hoses are at the bottom of the vdrive. They were on my vride anyway. So just pull the hoses on either side and let the water drain to the bilge. Shop vac too if you are extra paranoid about the last teaspoon of water.

I gotcha. Well that helps me know what someone else is doing. I really want to get to a place where I'm not pulling any hoses off if I can do it though. I might just buy 2 additional 90 degree elbows if that helps me get it to work. Should be pretty sweet when I'm done. I'll post up pics if I find a way to make it work on the intake side.

Wondering if anyone can help me out. My boat is in storage and I was just wondering what size of perko flush kit to buy. Does anyone know what size intake is on a 2006 23 LSV? I'm guessing 1 1/4 but I would like to confirm if possible. The part will sit around for a few months before being installed so returns would be a hassle.

Side note, anyone installed these in a v-drive? The intake hose makes an upside down U and I was thinking I would put it near the top of the U but I was wishing the inlets on the flush kit angled down a bit to help bend with the U. Has anyone installed this on a v-drive? If so where did you install yours (pictures if possible?)

TIA

They dont' angle but I added a 90 degree elbow...worked well. Without adding the elbow the hose would have collapsed since the flush pro takes a lot of the flexibility out of the hose.

That was my fear and plan as well 85. Glad to hear you successfully implemented it. Does the flushkit top come close to bumping up against the bottom of the seat cushion or did you have adequate clearance?

Edit: What did you use to cut the hose. I'm thinking reciprocal saw with bi-metal blade to handle the inner wire coil?

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Haha, no worries shawndoggy, I just have to justify that expensive 15 amp recip I bought myself a few years ago and haven't used much yet :)

I'd say I have to justify it to the wife but it's not even true. I'm just trying to justify it to myself =P