Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Exile System Install

my malibu

Finally got off my butt and started the install.

Took awhile to remove all the old wiring and clean up some up the factory wiring.

Here are a couple of pictures of the amps installed.

IMAG1018.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

this compartment will have a plexi cover and pvc membrane to waterproof this area.

I will have to fans for air movement.

This compartment will transition into the battery one which will be flat all the way back.

I will be fully waterproofing this area with pvc membrane.

Working on the sub box. Got 4.9 cubic ft but would have to build it in place, so trying to built one that can be removed in order to fiberglass it.

The sub box will also be wrapped in pvc membrane.

Got the mounts send in to be polished and re-coated.

Plexi is on order. Need to decide which logo to cnc into it.

Waiting on wire to start re-wiring.

Running new 0 gauge from the alternator to the batteries.

Should start to come together pretty quick.

System

Exile big 15, 2 sets em9's, 8 mids, 2500.1, harpoon,and 800.4

3 interstate group 29's for stereo bank, 24 for boat

all Knukonceptz wiring and fuse blocks

Yes the WOW will be Exile heavy, its a revolution LOL. Look forward to the finished product.

Everyone has kept it respectful up to this point in the thread and then you have to go and knock Wetsounds? Why, what does that accomplish?

Dont get your undies all bunched up, wasn't knocking anyone. Would you settle for a movement as apperently the "other" word has been trademarked somehow.

Edited by Bobby Light

Everyone has kept it respectful up to this point in the thread and then you have to go and knock Wetsounds? Why, what does that accomplish?

I don`t think he is knocking Wetsounds. I actually am working with the guys over at rhodes rides to get a few of the boats they have done out to the WOW. They are all loaded down with Rev. Series seakers..

Murphy....please tell me your comment is a joke.

@MyMalibu> pics look nice. Your post reminded me you wanted an exile logo for etching. I'll forward that to you.

@everyone else> The NW wow was fantastic last year because of the Bu's that showed up. It was great to see all the stereo's present and the good times had. I will personally answer questions and or help any person with any brand stereo, tune it or go over it. We as a collective should make everyone feel welcome and I know you all do. I had a great time meeting many of you out there. Please please, lets not allow ourselves to get into brand ABCD. I thought it was cool that a masterCraft even showed up..hehe!

-Brian

Thanks for the tip

Cool location for the amps - post up some pic's as you make progress.

Don't leave that tape on too long - it will release in about 100 pieces. I speak from personal experience on that one

Well got a day off from work and got the sub box worked out after the third design. I got 5.4 on the second one but would have had to build it in place.

The one in the pic is around 4.5 or so still need to draw it out on CAD

The sub height has 1/2 inch between the rack an the top of box

IMAG1069.jpg

IMAG1073.jpg

backside

IMAG1074.jpg

my son approves

IMAG1076.jpg

Also got two heavy packages from Kunkonceptz.

Got my 12 ga and 16 ga wire for the speakers, 0/1 power and gnd, three fused distrubution blocks , and all new rca lines

Still waiting for the 50ft of o/1 for the alt to battery run.

I have left over 4 ga from last install.

IMAG1075.jpg

Well got a day off from work and got the sub box worked out after the third design. I got 5.4 on the second one but would have had to build it in place.

The one in the pic is around 4.5 or so still need to draw it out on CAD

The sub height has 1/2 inch between the rack an the top of box

IMAG1069.jpg

IMAG1073.jpg

backside

IMAG1074.jpg

my son approves

IMAG1076.jpg

Also got two heavy packages from Kunkonceptz.

Got my 12 ga and 16 ga wire for the speakers, 0/1 power and gnd, three fused distrubution blocks , and all new rca lines

Still waiting for the 50ft of o/1 for the alt to battery run.

I have left over 4 ga from last install.

IMAG1075.jpg

Nice Work!! Keep Sending the Pic's!!

Looks awesome Craig! Looks like you might have that boom boom pow after all... :)

I thought it was cool that a masterCraft even showed up..hehe!

-Brian

I thought it was cool too but he did not stay long though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well I remember why I hate fiberglass.

Didn't get any pics of me glassing the box since i was in a rush to get it done before the wife got home.

But i got it done .

I guess it wasn't a good idea to resin and glass the box in the house :whistle: , but it was snowing outside at the garage was too cold even with a heater.

As you guys can see I switch to a sealed box after mocking it in the boat. Wife didn't like the lost of room under the helm since we take out younger kids and this is where we put the babies .

Heater, etc. I handed in my man card and built the sealed. :(

this one is 2.56 cubic ft

Applied two coats of epoxy resin to the outside of the box.

One layer of 1.4 oz mat to the inside with two coats over top

IMAG1100.jpg

This box should be strong as hell.

It has a center support that will take some of the stress off the front panel .

Made the front panel 1.5 inch.

And to waterproof it

50mil pvc membrane

IMAG1101.jpg

weak point for waterproofing is now the sub it's self.

IMAG1098.jpg

IMAG1102.jpg

and using banana plug style connectors form the speaker wire

IMAG1099.jpg

I still need to install the threaded screw inserts .

now I can start on the battery box and amp cover .

Edited by my malibu

Wow! That system is going to rock! I just ordered my stereo upgrades from Exile and cant wait to get it installed! Rob and Brian from Exile have been great to work with. Dont think I have evey had such good customer service. Good luck getting yours installed. I will post on mine when eveything gets here.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the sub box mounted and face plate made

IMAG1239.jpg

Mounted the sub the same as my last box. made slides that mount to the floor and the opposite ones to the sub box so that it slides in and locks into the back tab.

Just used trex decking I had left from my deck

couple screws to keep the box in the tabs done

IMAG1303.jpg

IMAG1304.jpg

Had to modified the heater and the side panel to get everything to fit.

I love how just one piece affects everything

Also got to do a test before everything gets installed

test tones are not very exciting

We will have to make sure we submarine your bow this summer to test out that waterproof setup. Look forward to the finished setup.

• Like 3