Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Playing An Ipod On 2008 Wakestetter 23 Lev

KLuck

Seeking some help.

I just bought A 2008 wakesetter 23 lsv. I have only been able to play my iPod through the AUX input. Therefore I am unable to control / change the song etc. via the MOX unit. (instead I need to go to the iPod in the glove box)

Any suggestions on how to play music off the iPod with the iPod integrating into the system so that can change songs etc from any of the remotes.

Thanks for the help!

What generation iPod are you using? The JBL black box stereo that Malibu used seemed to only interface with first or early second generation stuff through the usb. The history of this may have been lost when the stereo section was purged.

iPod is either a Gen 2 or 3. I just tried it again and got it to play 3 songs rough the USB port, however, after the third song it locked up and wouldn't play, odd. (when I tried to advance 4 or 5 songs ahead, it also locked up and didn't play.

Thanks for the help and any suggestions on how to resolve!

Good day....I have a 2008 LSV as well. I was not able to use my iPhone with the USB jack, and could only plug in a flash card. To avoid a long story....replacing a lot of parts to resolve noise issues, I was told to purchase a new blackbox. The original JBL blackbox was version 3.2, and the new one was version 3.3. With the new JBL blackbox, I was able to use my iPhone. So, it is possible that you have the older JBL blackbox that is not able to handle iPhone/iPods through the USB port.

Good day....I have a 2008 LSV as well. I was not able to use my iPhone with the USB jack, and could only plug in a flash card. To avoid a long story....replacing a lot of parts to resolve noise issues, I was told to purchase a new blackbox. The original JBL blackbox was version 3.2, and the new one was version 3.3. With the new JBL blackbox, I was able to use my iPhone. So, it is possible that you have the older JBL blackbox that is not able to handle iPhone/iPods through the USB port.

Aberon

Thanks for advising with your experience. Question: with the version 3.3, are you able to toggle between playlists using the controls throughout the boat? Also, if you have the model number you purchased for the version 3.3, please forward. Thanks! (btw: I haven't been out on our "new to us" 23 lsv, but the lines/look are great. I am sure you have been happy with yours?)

We love the boat. It has great storage for all the little things, so you have plenty of space to walk around in the boat without stepping on ropes and gear. You can create a perfect wake for 5 year old up to crazy teenagers that want to do tricks, and for adults or want to surf and not crash and burn.

I hate to disappoint you, but I cannot answer your question about the radio because of the changes we made. We were so fed up with hearing the engine through the speakers I took the boat to an audio marine expert and had them pull all the wiring, all the crazy stuff the previous owner put in, and updated our entire system. We added a WetSounds 420, put in WetSounds Rev8, and WetSounds in boat speakers...and a new amp....and new subwoofer.....yes, I went a bit nuts over this winter. Anyways...with the 420, we end up plugging the iPod/iPhone into the auxiliary and use the headphone jack. So, all work on changing songs is done on the iPod itself. I have to say, the only thing I am not a fan of are the MUX controllers. Paging to get to volume, paging to get to settings, paging to turn on lights....so we decided to put in the 420....it is the best thing ever. We can control the volume of the tower speakers and the in-boat speakers individually; it has a microphone to talk to the people out in the water (or get punched in the arm when you use it to call up to the house from the dock for someone to bring down a refreshment)....and an EQ to balance out the sound to our preference. Added a long enough headphone wire so that the kids could hold the iPod and put on whatever music they want. They do not like our music, so all I control is the volume...after that I just try not to embarrass them in front of their friends.

If I get out there to look things over and get ready to launch it....I will give it a test for you and let you know (we still have the USB port in the glove box hooked to the blackbox). Also, I will post back later with the model number of the JBL box...but I know when the dealer ordered it, it was the latest black box that JBL had, and the important part with the .3 at the end. From what they told me, the entire reason for the update was to fix the issue of controlling iPods on the MUX. BUT....I would confirm that, because sometimes dealers say things that are not exactly true.....

Our black box was upgraded from the dealer when the original went out and I believe you still need a special cable to connect the ipod to the black box in order to use the mux controls. You cannot connect it to the usb and use those functions. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.