Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Old School Question

Willy

Are there any companys that make any decent speakers for a wake pole? I would love to see like a WS485 with a hole through the center or some pro80s that could clamp together around a 3" Pole.

The reason I am asking is that I am going a little old school this year. I picked up a mint 89 Supreme to slalom behind but still want the kids to have some fun Wakeboarding and Skating with the 750 Fatty I have left from my 08 VTX.

Any Ideas? I am pretty sure I am going with the Skylon Pole and a Skylon Clamp on Wing Rack.

Thanks!!

Edited by Willy

Ive seen quite a few people mount speakers on a wake pylon......no difference in clamping around a pole running vertical instead of a tower tube running horizontal. There are a few that will fit a 3" tube also. It works fine, you will just have one clamp above the other.

Ive seen quite a few people mount speakers on a wake pylon......no difference in clamping around a pole running vertical instead of a tower tube running horizontal. There are a few that will fit a 3" tube also. It works fine, you will just have one clamp above the other.

Thanks! That is what i was thinking as a last resort. However, I haven't seen any larger than 21/2 inch. Looks like I might end up doing some McGivering!!

I suppose you could take a pair of illusion style flush-mount pods and fab a two part aluminum clamp that would clamp around the pole, then bolt the pods to each side of the clamp/bracket, then drop the speakers in the pods.

I suppose you could take a pair of illusion style flush-mount pods and fab a two part aluminum clamp that would clamp around the pole, then bolt the pods to each side of the clamp/bracket, then drop the speakers in the pods.

Oh yea! I wish I hadn't have sold those pro60s before I upgraded my 08 VTX to Pro80's! :Frustrated:

I met a guy who did this. He attached a 2 1/2" round cross tube to the pylon with a 3" or 4" u-bolt, the kind used for a solid rear axle with leaf springs. Everything was stainless and most of the wiring was hidden so it actually looked clean.