Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Vinyl Questions

I have a local guy quote me 50 less then chee for all new interior installed.

I was wondering what gauge and brands does bu use factory and what is the best out there?

I've seen his shop yard constantly full of boats as it's on the route to my work. Kind of funny I sold him a utility trailer and talking found out that was his shop.

Just feeling the guy out we talked about materials covers etc for about 30 minutes. I learned quite a bit as he went on about the different mills that make the material and the knock offs etc.

Just kind of want to know exactly what I need to request to be put back in so I get the best or at least factory wise. Or how do I tell once it's done how thick it is?

Vinyl is far from my expertise so need any information I can get.

Tax return should pay for new skins so I'm stoked to get my baby looking good for the summer.

I would order the skins from malibu then have the shop install them

I will be getting skins this year also so I will have new skins when needed

I believe malibu only keeps the patterns for 6 years

Edited by my malibu

Bu doesn't have mine anymore I'd have to use chee or the other guy who has the old patterns.

But here's the deal. If I order from chee it will be "x" amount of money plus "y" to have it installed.

I cut this guy a deal on my trailer and he will do my entire boat with whatever material I want for "x" plus I have a old 3rd gen f-body he wants that I will throw in for a little more discount off.

If you've seen the local guys work and it's good why not go that route if your confident he'll do a good job and use quality material? It sounds like that's what you'd prefer and you can deal locally with a few items on trade.

If your questioning the quality of the skins your local guy will make, go with Chee. He has done my boat and many others and I honestly don't think the skins could be done much better by anyone.

• 1 month later...