Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anchor Storage

h2ojunkie

We have a VTX and looking for ideas on where to store and what to store my anchors in so no mess and nothing gets torn up. I have the bow balllast tank so no where up there to keep them like I had in my old boat. I was thinking of a rugged waterproof tool/storage bag,boaters bag for the ancors and rope that way mud ect.. would only be in bag and could be washed out ect.. Trying to figure best spot to keep them for use tho. Rear storage or under a seat?

We have a VTX and looking for ideas on where to store and what to store my anchors in so no mess and nothing gets torn up. I have the bow balllast tank so no where up there to keep them like I had in my old boat. I was thinking of a rugged waterproof tool/storage bag,boaters bag for the ancors and rope that way mud ect.. would only be in bag and could be washed out ect.. Trying to figure best spot to keep them for use tho. Rear storage or under a seat?

Go to Walmart and get a plastic storage container that will fit under a seat and fit the anchor in it with rope and such. :rockon:

Yea, my buddy has those and he seems to crack them alot and dirt/debris ends up in the compartment under the seat. Thats why I thought one of those rubber bottom boat bags might work better?

I would say buy a rubbermaid brand and not the cheap plastic ones. I have never had a problem with mine. The bag is difficult when you have a heavy anchor and rope trying to get it in a bag, and the possible tear or rip of the bag from the sharp anchor edges.

Yea, evaporation would be good so lower mold mildew build up but I lysol alot of stuff anyway so not much of a concern there. The rubbermaid container is better plastic and could be replaced easy so that may be the ticket. I have a nice boat bag that stays open and has rubber bottom but I keep tools ect... in it so was thinking of trying to find another one but have not seen them anywhere on the net ect... Gonna look at BPS store in Cincy later this week and see what they have.

On my rubbermaid container I just leave the top off all the time and then when I cover the boat for storage I leave the seat open, I never had any problem with mold or the like.

Good luck!

mattm, good idea for that type but I use two 10lb vinyl coated mushroom anchors. They work best for me,hold well in our lakes and rivers we boat in. They clean off easy as well,and store nicely. Thanks for the idea tho. Guess I should have mentoned what type anchors we have.

Slide Anchor. Holds really great, folds flat and comes with a nice storage bag. I keep mine under the seat by the garbage can in the LSV. Should also fit in the same area of the VTX.

Or the box anchor, plus it comes with it's own bag...now if I could just keep it from sliding on the non-carpeted floor.

Put some GatorGrip on the floor. Won't slide anymore.

Thanks!:thumbup:

Where do you get it at? Home Depot/Lowes?

Is it made to be in wet applications?

Edited by srintx

www.wakejunky.com Chris Yes, wet applications all day long. Had it on my swimdeck on my MC for 5yrs,no issues.Glue is great,holds up well aven to wakeboards sliding off of it. He has pics on his web site. Have it on the foot areas of my RZR side by side as well. Have used it on stairs,quads,trailers,tractors ect... stuff is great. Buy a whole sheet as you will find plenty of things to use it on. I have it on side rails and bow of boat as well to prevent slipping and scratches in the gel coat when people get on from front ect...

Cool, thanks again!

www.wakejunky.com Chris Yes, wet applications all day long. Had it on my swimdeck on my MC for 5yrs,no issues.Glue is great,holds up well aven to wakeboards sliding off of it. He has pics on his web site. Have it on the foot areas of my RZR side by side as well. Have used it on stairs,quads,trailers,tractors ect... stuff is great. Buy a whole sheet as you will find plenty of things to use it on. I have it on side rails and bow of boat as well to prevent slipping and scratches in the gel coat when people get on from front ect...