Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Responsetxi Vs. Natiques

Boat crazy

I have the SN200 DD boat but regularly ski behind the response LXI . I can say compared to the Response Lxi the long line 15 off and 22 off wake are greatly improved specifically at speed below 34 mph. I have also skied the 200 Sport V-Drive. While the slalom wake was acceptable at 34 MPH, once the speed comes down to 32 mph or 30 mph and longer lines, the wake quickly deteriorates. Looking forward to spring when someone on the lake will have a new Response TXI to compare to the SN200 DD. The word is that the slower speed longer line wake is now comparable in quality with the SN200. Different in terms of wakes, but both very acceptable.

I don't wakeboard, but many have and were actually surprised by the quality of the 200 DD wake with the hydrogate up and 400 lbs in the back. Clearly will never match the wake of a dedicated wakeboard boat. I have always been of the opinion it's easier to make a ski boat acceptable for wakeboarding versus the opposite.

When I was looking into cross over v drives I looked at just about everything. I went with the VTX and couldn't be happier. I do agree that the slalom wake is best at higher speeds and it is no dd but overall it is hard to beat. If slalom is your primary use but you want to do some board sports then I would go with the txi over the cc for a couple of reasons, the wedge being one of biggest. If you want a serious boarding and surfing wake capable boat and will ski at 34 or more, the VTX on the cut diamond hull is awesome. I am sure you have thought about this but the dealer can make a big difference in times of trouble. So that would likely factor into my decision in choosing between the cc and the bu.

Mastercraft offers the x14 and the x14v. Not sure how they ski though.

I"ve skied the x14v...I wouldn't put it in the same category. While I've not skied a VTX, I spend a decent amount of time behind a 2004 sunscape (which the VTX is widely regarded to be better than) and it is a substantially better slalom wake than the x14v. Not to mention layout of x14v is goofy at best.

I have the SN200 DD boat but regularly ski behind the response LXI . I can say compared to the Response Lxi the long line 15 off and 22 off wake are greatly improved specifically at speed below 34 mph. I have also skied the 200 Sport V-Drive. While the slalom wake was acceptable at 34 MPH, once the speed comes down to 32 mph or 30 mph and longer lines, the wake quickly deteriorates. Looking forward to spring when someone on the lake will have a new Response TXI to compare to the SN200 DD. The word is that the slower speed longer line wake is now comparable in quality with the SN200. Different in terms of wakes, but both very acceptable.

I don't wakeboard, but many have and were actually surprised by the quality of the 200 DD wake with the hydrogate up and 400 lbs in the back. Clearly will never match the wake of a dedicated wakeboard boat. I have always been of the opinion it's easier to make a ski boat acceptable for wakeboarding versus the opposite.

Where are you in Michigan?

I can verify that you do NOT want to include the x14 in your list if you are going to ski at speeds less than 34mph. We did that a few years ago and the wake was awful (for skiing). I'm sure that wake would have been great for boarding, but it was so bad for skiing that the tourney refunded our money.

I can verify that you do NOT want to include the x14 in your list if you are going to ski at speeds less than 34mph. We did that a few years ago and the wake was awful (for skiing). I'm sure that wake would have been great for boarding, but it was so bad for skiing that the tourney refunded our money.

wow, even the dd was bad, huh?

MC made a big deal about the x14v being class c tourney approved. It has no business being called a tournament approved boat. Yet, sport 200 is as well. It seems that by all accounts its a better ski boat than the x14, but getting approval is frankly little more than paying your fee. I can't imagine that MANY other boats wouldn't also pass their performance tests.

wow, even the dd was bad, huh?

MC made a big deal about the x14v being class c tourney approved. It has no business being called a tournament approved boat. Yet, sport 200 is as well. It seems that by all accounts its a better ski boat than the x14, but getting approval is frankly little more than paying your fee. I can't imagine that MANY other boats wouldn't also pass their performance tests.

The problem with that tourney approval is that I guess it's done at max speed. Like all MCs (in my experience), their slow speed wake is not good but the wake shortens nicely once you get up over 30mph. The quote from the MC rep to the tourney official was "I ski that X14 at 22 and 28 off and it skis fine." He totally missed the point. My daughter's quote was, "Dad, I jumped into the air when I hit that wake. The wake was almost to my knees!" Every kid there was unhappy.