Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BAREFOOTER MAGAZINE

St. Ellis

Just found out there is now a magazine dedicated to the most exciting watersport today, BAREFOOTING! Okay so I'm biased but there really is a magazine; 6 issues a year for $20. I just signed up for the magazine so hope to get it soon so I can provide some feedback. Check it out:

http://www.barefootermag.com/pages/1/index.htm

A buddy told me about a thread on tmcowners discussing the magazine. It's brand new but sounds like it may be pretty good for a fresh start. Check out the thread:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthre...footer+magazine

I got the first issue 4-6 weeks ago. It's definitely a startup in every way at this point - from the printing to the stories and advertising. The information in it was so so, but it was nice to see the total dedication to the sport.

It will be interesing to see how it grows.

Mike

• 1 month later...

I sent my information to this site to sign up and haven't heard a word yet. Did you have to send money up front? I had also sent and email asking a question with no reply. It sounds like some have already got their magazine...any idea what I am doing wrong. Is there a subscription phone number out of one of your magazines?

If I remember correctly, I paid via PayPal. Got a response via email back right away when I signed up. I have not, however, received a second issue yet. Starting to wonder...

Mike

I sent my information to this site to sign up and haven't heard a word yet. Did you have to send money up front? I had also sent and email asking a question with no reply. It sounds like some have already got their magazine...any idea what I am doing wrong. Is there a subscription phone number out of one of your magazines?

Rushman,

If I remember correctly it was all done thru their website, I received a e-mail with a link to their site... I am in the same boat with Mlange, never received the second one... Cry.gif

Rushman,

If I remember correctly it was all done thru their website, I received a e-mail with a link to their site... I am in the same boat with Mlange, never received the second one... Cry.gif

I asked Tiffany Beacon and she said that the next issue should come out in end of march because she was waiting for some articles back before she could print.

Rushman,

I asked Tiffany Beacon and she said that the next issue should come out in end of march because she was waiting for some articles back before she could print.

Paid with Paypal and never received my first issue. Not feeling good about it...

Rushman,

Paid with Paypal and never received my first issue. Not feeling good about it...

Malorie Bacon sent me an email reply. Feeling better about receiving the next issue in 2 weeks. :)

I guess 6 issues at 20 bucks for a year just means you only at an issue every 2 months...maybe why for the seemingly long delay b/w issues.

Seems a little high priced to me for a sporting mag, but hey...may be worth it.

For those of you that have an issue, can you give some details on the layout and informaiton in the magaxine?

I personally thought that the first issue was kinda weak, but I would still subscribe again today because I consider it support for the sport.

First issue contained very little real information and the font size was pretty large, I'm assuming to fill up space. They did an article on Scarpa and Bowers did an article that pretty much mirrored an article out of his eBook.

I'd expect it to improve as it matures, though. Hopefully they are going after Malibu, Sanger, Eagle, Vortex, etc... for some advertisement dollars to move things along faster.

Mike