Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Down Under Summer!

notorious_benny

G'day guys, I hope winter isn't getting my northern hemisphere brothers and sisters down too bad ......

Just to wet your appetite for summer I thought I would share a few photos of Blowering Dam, Australia from last week.

We had 6 glorious days on the 25km by 5 km wide lake, temps over 30 degrees C every day, and glassy water almost as far as the eye can see every morning :) :) :)

Happy boating:)!

awesome.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

420047_10150828191099128_761064127_12627378_194856406_n.jpg

419701_10150828044444128_761064127_12627138_1313689268_n.jpg

bg.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

Yep, the 'I' was taken, they wouldn't accept a '1', so '7' it was!!

And the old boat is a 1968 model Aussie seacraft, it has a 186ci inline 6 Holden engine with no clutch, no tranny!! ...... She is a sweetie, everyone loves to have a ski with Cindy!!

Edited by notorious_benny

Blowering looks pretty good Benny, and best of all not busy. What's the water temp like?, we've still got about 27deg.c up this way (Central West NSW)

Edited by Flamingturbo

Water temp was about 22-24 degs, very comfortable temp. The bu seemed to think it was 28 degrees ....... I think its a bit optimistic!

Where do you ride Flamingturbo? I am from near Griffith.

Edited by notorious_benny

From Orange, ride at Mookerawa, Wyangala, and occasionally The Hawkesbury, off to Mookerawa tomorrow for a day trip, weather permitting. Another couple of weeks and will be staring to get a bit cool, Easter is usually our last run.

Edited by Flamingturbo

Looks great but where is Blowering Dam? I'm a Queenslander and not familiar with it. We used to ski some of the dams outside Brisbane but water levels were always an issue but understand from the family this is no longer a concern. It certainly does not appear to be a concern at Blowering Dam!!