Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Steering Wheel

pd331

I have a 99 Response and want to upgrade my stock steering wheel to something closer to what the '08ish Malibu's have with the Isotta wheel. Found a great leather/carbon racing wheel with 6 hole pattern that is 320mm - Is that going to be big enough?? Does anyone have the Isotta wheel that was on the Malibus of a few years back? What is the width of that wheel. Not interested in the newer "one spoke" steering wheels. Link to wheel I'm looking at below....

http://www.getnrg.com/products/steering-wheels/pilota-style/st-001cfl

Thanks!!

FWIW - on my 08 - the chrome didn't hold up - it was a long warranty fix - actually that held true for most of my chrome - not certain why, but Malibu did eventually come through...

Just watch the center emblem

Edited by FlatH20

I upgraded my wheel to a pre-08 Malibu wheel from Isotta. It is called the Isotta "Vallelunga". I bought it used on ebay and have been very happy with it. If you get a genuine Isotta the quality is awesome, but they aren't cheap. The 08-10 wheels are the Isotta "Zulag", and the newest single spoke is the Isotta "Vista" (11'-12'). I think the first two are homeruns, but the Vista is one ugly beast IMO.

Here's the Vallelunga on the Sunsetter...

DSC04234.jpg

Here's a Zulag on an 09' VLX...

med_gallery_1_44_38189.jpg

And finally a Vista on a 12' MXZ...

med_gallery_6_80_7926.jpg

I have a 06 V-Ride. You had asked about the size mine looks like the first pic of martinarcher + or -. Mine is 13 1/2 inches. Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...