Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Fuel Sender For A 2000 Ss Lxi?

I've read through all the articles on this site for replacing the wildly inaccurate factory fuel sender, and am ready to give it a go. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the direction of the easiest/best aftermarket unit, though, b/c the articles refer to both Teleflex and Moeller.

Should I buy this one or this one? Or maybe this one?

This article pictures the Teleflex, so I am leaning toward that one...

Thanks!

I think I used the Teleflex one when I replaced the unit in my '01 SSLXi. It was much better, but still not completely accurate.

Thanks, Bill. I'll settle for better. As it stands now, my gauge reads empty when I have 10-14 gallons left. It's too stressful to then have to guess how long it takes me to burn those remaining gallons, so I end up refilling way more often than I need to (and often at high marina prices).

I've put the Teleflex in 2 boats now and it's been a vast improvement over the stock pickup.

In my 01 SS LXi, the Teleflex is not perfectly accurate in that reading 'half' will take 17.5 gallons & the reading will vary between sitting & on plane. It is consistent enough that I can usually predict within a gallon or so how much it will take to fill up.

• 3 months later...

Has anybody come across a grey wire spliced into the black wire of the fuel sender?

A single grey wire splits off, just about a foot before the sender, and runs down the back side of the fuel tank, although I cannot see what it goes to.

I vaguely recall that when I put in my new sender. Just wire it the same as it is now. I followed this to the letter and had great results.