Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My New Setup!

ryangb

I ordered my new system today, so stoked. Its going in a 04 23 LSV. Boat had no ballast from the factory. Heres a breakdown of the setup:

LEFT SIDE

Pro X LSV sac 1600 lbs

Pro X 750 lbs on top of seat

Pro X 400 lbs in bow

Approx 2750 total.

GOOFY SIDE

Pro X 1100lbs, in rear locker

Pro X 750 lbs, on top of cooler seat

Pro X 400 lbs, in bow.

Approx 2050 total.

Im running 2 Jabsco's to the custom sac, and 1 to the 1100. The jabsco going to the 1100 will have a directional Y valve, so I can fill the sacs on the seats with the pump that runs the 1100. Also going to put a T valve, and a check valve before the each pump, so I can drain out the side of the boat, above the water line.

Also ordered a Acme 1235. Boat has the 8.1 big block. Can't wait for spring to get here!!

Sweet man! I think we chatted on this in the fall. Did you talk to Gord @ Wizard? Is he doing the work for you?

Edited by old skool malibu

Sweet man! I think we chatted on this in the fall. Did you talk to Gord @ Wizard? Is he doing the work for you?

Thanks. Im actually going to do the install myself. A friend of mine is going to give me hand drilling the holes. He used to work in the business, and has done quite a few.

Sounds good. Gord is putting a 3 pump Jabsco set up in my new VTX. Its going to be sick! Good luck with the install. I dont mind doing small jobs but I dont want to be drilling holes in a 2012 Malibu!

Sounds good. Gord is putting a 3 pump Jabsco set up in my new VTX. Its going to be sick! Good luck with the install. I dont mind doing small jobs but I dont want to be drilling holes in a 2012 Malibu!

Sweet!! Congrats on the new boat! What sacs are you going with?

Hey... I am looking at one of the custom surf bags as I am putting a system in this spring... where are you getting the 1600 lb bag from? Sounds interesting.... I see wakemakers has a 1380 lb bag and Bakes sells a 1275lb bag. Both fly high made.

Edited by G-Mack

does anyone have experience with plumbing the jabsco reversibles directly to a sac? One hole thru the bottom, directly to a sac, for both the fill and the drain thru that same hole in the bottom... nothing else at all.... not vent loops, no overfill, no anti siphon, no nothing.

Ronnie did it but could not comment if it were to work for those who trailer their boats.... he said he thought it could introduce air by trailering the boat. He said otherwise the Jabsco's suck those bags complertely flat of air and water.

I have 2 sacs for my surf setup in addition to the factory tanks... an 1100lb in the locker and a 750lb running up the side under the seats. I would like to run just 1 Jabsco reversible with a Y valve to split between the 2 sacs for fill/drain and be done.

Just wondering if anyone had done this and it if truly is just that easy. Yes I understand I would have to watch it carfeully so as to not damage my compartments from an overfill.

Hey... I am looking at one of the custom surf bags as I am putting a system in this spring... where are you getting the 1600 lb bag from? Sounds interesting.... I see wakemakers has a 1380 lb bag and Bakes sells a 1275lb bag. Both fly high made.

They say 1380, and 1275, but it is actually 1600. Thats if you go with the divider removed option. The total length would be 144".

does anyone have experience with plumbing the jabsco reversibles directly to a sac? One hole thru the bottom, directly to a sac, for both the fill and the drain thru that same hole in the bottom... nothing else at all.... not vent loops, no overfill, no anti siphon, no nothing.

Ronnie did it but could not comment if it were to work for those who trailer their boats.... he said he thought it could introduce air by trailering the boat. He said otherwise the Jabsco's suck those bags complertely flat of air and water.

I have 2 sacs for my surf setup in addition to the factory tanks... an 1100lb in the locker and a 750lb running up the side under the seats. I would like to run just 1 Jabsco reversible with a Y valve to split between the 2 sacs for fill/drain and be done.

Just wondering if anyone had done this and it if truly is just that easy. Yes I understand I would have to watch it carfeully so as to not damage my compartments from an overfill.

There is mulitple ways of doing it.

1. You can go with 1 fill/drain fitting, with no vent/overflow. It would fill and drain out of the same intake.

2. You can have 1 fill fitting, and then T off the fill line, add a check valve, then run a drain line out the side of the boat. This way you can see or hear when the bag is drained.

3. Same as 2, but add a vent/overflow out the side of the boat. This way you dont have to watch the bag when filling.

Im going with 3, as I dont want to have to moniter the bags as Im filling or draining. If you dont want a vent/overflow, I would definetly put in a separate drain. You just need a T valve and 2 check valves, a drain thru hull, and some more hose. The check valves will prevent any air from getting into the system.

Ryan, there was a post on this in another recent thread that I'm too lazy to find, but an idea was presented there about venting the bags but putting a one way check valve on the vent line. So water will flow out the vent, but when you start sucking water out the bottom of the bag, the check valve stays closed and the bag will still suck flat. That way you get the safety of a vent and retain the ability to suck flat.

Guys.... spent some time on the phone today with the folks from Wakemakers....highly reccomended they are awesome. I will buy my stuff from them. very helpful and knowlegeable.

Few things here I havent heard anyone else say:

1. No need have to drill an additional hole in the bottom hull in the newer boats. For the Johnson or Jabsco reversible direct installs as described above, you can use a 3/4" threaded nipple for $4.59 and screw right into that existing extra drain hole by the tranny where that huge T-handle brass drain plug is. If that drain is already used up, you can also use that midboat drain most of the boats have. So I can install 2 pumps without drilling any fiberglass. Anyone else do that?

2. No relays required. I remember a thread where everyone was claiming relays were required because they burn up the rocker switches when wired directly thru the switch. 15-20ft run of 10-12ga from the battery or Perko does fine 1 per switch. Its when folks try to run multiple pumps off 1 switch that they burn up the swithes.

They would not reccomend an install without an overflow... they say they've seen too many nightmares...and for 15$ in parts, you just Y it inline with an existing overflow drain and insert a check valve.

They say 1380, and 1275, but it is actually 1600. Thats if you go with the divider removed option. The total length would be 144".

makes good sense.... can you choose fitting locations with wakemakers or is it a standard set-up as per the picture.

Guys.... spent some time on the phone today with the folks from Wakemakers....highly reccomended they are awesome. I will buy my stuff from them. very helpful and knowlegeable.

Few things here I havent heard anyone else say:

1. No need have to drill an additional hole in the bottom hull in the newer boats. For the Johnson or Jabsco reversible direct installs as described above, you can use a 3/4" threaded nipple for $4.59 and screw right into that existing extra drain hole by the tranny where that huge T-handle brass drain plug is. If that drain is already used up, you can also use that midboat drain most of the boats have. So I can install 2 pumps without drilling any fiberglass. Anyone else do that?

2. No relays required. I remember a thread where everyone was claiming relays were required because they burn up the rocker switches when wired directly thru the switch. 15-20ft run of 10-12ga from the battery or Perko does fine 1 per switch. Its when folks try to run multiple pumps off 1 switch that they burn up the swithes.

They would not reccomend an install without an overflow... they say they've seen too many nightmares...and for 15$ in parts, you just Y it inline with an existing overflow drain and insert a check valve.

Agreed. No need for an overflow. Have used the Jabsco's before withno vent line and just drained out the bottom of the boat where they fill. This time around I will add some check valves and drain out the same but again no need for vent lines. And yes I do trailer sometimes.

makes good sense.... can you choose fitting locations with wakemakers or is it a standard set-up as per the picture.

The fitting locations are what's in the picture.