Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Going Investigate Transmission Slips Today...

Took the boat out on the water for the 2nd time for a long ride to see how it did. Well after an hour, i got the check transmission alarm followed by Engine fault alarm. Scared the s*** out of me since i was a long way from the dock. Well we started heading back, and i can feel the transmission slipping, i'm assuming? Checks the fluids, and v-drive and trans was low but not empty. Ima add some today and take it back out and had my friend watch to see if he sees any leaks. I checked the alarm, i had 1 active and 1 inactive. Went i went to check the active it cleared, but i still got some kind of code for the inactive. Anybody has any experience with this? i'll get back to yall later when i get back to see what i found

well we added some trans fluid and after about 45 min. i got the same alarm again, but the boat was still riding fine but i could tell the transmission has a lil bit of a different noise to it. the alarm code i was getting is... SPN 65701 CM 0....UNdefined FMI DIAG CODE FMI 31 OC 127. I did a search and really couldn't find anything to say specifically what that was, but i think it is a trans temp problem. If anybody could help with this i'd appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...