Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiskey Slough Boat Storage (Nor Cal)

G-DOG

Any crew members in the Central Valley are have any positive or negative experiences with Wiskey Slough boat storage? Appears to be a reasonable price for the convenience of not having to trailer boat all the time. Just thinking how easy it would be during the week to drive to the marina and have the Malibu all ready to go. I'm not too familiar with that area of the Delta.

Any crew members in the Central Valley are have any positive or negative experiences with Wiskey Slough boat storage? Appears to be a reasonable price for the convenience of not having to trailer boat all the time. Just thinking how easy it would be during the week to drive to the marina and have the Malibu all ready to go. I'm not too familiar with that area of the Delta.

Is it covered dry storage or in a marina with a lift?

Dry storage. You call the marina and they will take the boat out of storage and have it waiting on the dock for you. On the Delta I would not be comfortable leaving my boat on a lift. Way too many thieves. But then again had my boat on a lift in Arkansas (Marina with security) and still had my amps stolen. For me in door storeage is the only way to go.

My boat gets dirtier in 4 days on the Delta than it does in 14 days on my ( not so ) Secret Lake.

Mooring a boat on the Delta appears to mostly be done on a lift out of the water for owners of fancy smancy boats.

The water is dirteee !

Don't they have dry stack storage with Forklift launching, there ?

Or how about storing in a locked garage and launching yourself to prevent theft ?

I tow to the Delta to mostly cruise around, often early October. It extends my boating season because it is 10 degrees to 20 degrees warmer than Bend in October. It is a 10+ hour tow each way and I often drive at night. The Delta trip marks the end of boating season for me.

I live on the Delta with my boat stored on a lift and one thing you may want to figure in your cost is fuel. The Discovery Bay marina consistently has the cheapest marina fuel. Most place have two choices regular or premium.

I am 2 blocks from a station and I fill my two 15 gallon tanks so filling up at the marina is only for emergencies.

-Dave

I live on the Delta with my boat stored on a lift and one thing you may want to figure in your cost is fuel. The Discovery Bay marina consistently has the cheapest marina fuel. Most place have two choices regular or premium.

I am 2 blocks from a station and I fill my two 15 gallon tanks so filling up at the marina is only for emergencies.

-Dave

Good point. My understanding is that you can bring you're own fuel. Convenience and secured storage is the reason we would consider using Wiskey Slough. I'm very particular about my boat and was curious if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with their boat being stored there.

• 2 weeks later...

Good point. My understanding is that you can bring you're own fuel. Convenience and secured storage is the reason we would consider using Wiskey Slough. I'm very particular about my boat and was curious if anyone had any positive or negative experiences with their boat being stored there.

We kept our boat there for a single winter and had a good experience. The facility is clean, the people are nice, the place is safe/secure, the valet service is great because you drive-up and your boat is tied and waiting to go out. Because we were only there in the winter it was very quiet with very little traffic. We were selling our boat at the time and did a number of services, repairs, and cleaning on the property and the guys who work there were always willing to lend a hand and provide any tools or equipment we may have needed, no charge.

The downside for us is that it is way out there if you are coming from Walnut Creek/Danville area. Lazy M or Rivers End is an easier drive. Also, for wakeboarding that part of the delta isnt the best. Curvy slews that get extremely busy in the summer. You can find some ok spots in the winter but summer time we felt like we would be forced driving 40 min to Railroad to get decent water. We primarily ride Victoria so once we sold our boat and bought our new one we went with Rivers End due to location. Whiskey Slew is 10x better of a facility though.

Have you considered Orwood. They don't have the valley service but you do have security and a good launch. The only other place in addition to the last post is Discovery Bay Marina which has valley But your boat is stored on a rack and I that is a no go for me.

-Dave

Have you considered Orwood. They don't have the valley service but you do have security and a good launch. The only other place in addition to the last post is Discovery Bay Marina which has valley But your boat is stored on a rack and I that is a no go for me.

-Dave

The bleachers are an added bonus... :lol:

Not sure where you are commuting from so not sure if this is a good option. We have had our boat at Delta Boat Storage the last few years. They do have a tractor service that will launch your boat if needed but the hours may not be great for after work sets. You do have 24/7 access if you are using your own vehicle to launch. You get your own spot in a boat shed which is nice. I also keep a lot of my camping stuff stored there. They are located on Highway 12 a couple miles West of Tower Park. There is good water in the area also.

The bleachers are an added bonus... :lol:

The bleachers are gone....and missed. I think many relationships were tested when the bleachers were full.

The bleachers are gone....and missed. I think many relationships were tested when the bleachers were full.

Bummer that was some of the best fun you could have at a launch ramp, well other than Folsom...:lol:

-Dave

That's what I was thinking. There are a few members who have stored at Orwood. Whiskey Slough is ok. But, I'm not a fan of stacked storage. How do you let your stuff dry? How do you cover the boat to keep all the dust off it? Where do you keep your water toys, oil change stuff, cleaning products, etc?

At Orwood or even where we stored our boat and jet skis at Delta Boat Storage / B&W you basically get a garage. You can keep all of your toys there. Orwood does not launch you, but at B&W they will come with a tractor take you to the ramp and your gone.

Edited by stewart

We have had our boat at Delta Boat Storage the last few years. They do have a tractor service that will launch your boat if needed but the hours may not be great for after work sets. You do have 24/7 access if you are using your own vehicle to launch. You get your own spot in a boat shed which is nice. I also keep a lot of my camping stuff stored there. They are located on Highway 12 a couple miles West of Tower Park. There is good water in the area also.

Delta Boat Storage / B&W that is where we keep our stuff as well. Love it there!

Delta Boat Storage / B&W that is where we keep our stuff as well. Love it there!

Thanks for all information. We will know more at the end of the month but more than likley we'll be living in the Manteca area. Dos Reis would be the closest launch. A more viable option would be a storeage buliding and lauch myself.

Thanks for all information. We will know more at the end of the month but more than likley we'll be living in the Manteca area. Dos Reis would be the closest launch. A more viable option would be a storeage buliding and lauch myself.

Welcome to the norcal crew, your bucking the trend as more are leaving this state than coming.

Welcome to the norcal crew, your bucking the trend as more are leaving this state than coming.

Thanks. Looking forward to getting out on the Delta again.

Don't hit the delta myself just the foothill lakes. Checkout WOW, link below, if your around in July.

Will do. Hope I can make it.