Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dash Rattle From Subwoofer.

calvinclark

Crew,

I added an Exile XI12 sub to my 2010 Vride and I am having a problem with dash vibration. I know there is a thread on this somewhere but I couldn't find it. I've got some play between my dash and windshield (especially on the driver side) and need something to fill the gap. I definitely have enough bass to drown out the vibration but it's annoying when im listening to it at low levels. I was wondering what ya'll used to take care of this? Im not really wanting to take the windshield off but I got plenty of time before spring according to that freakin groundhog. Thanks in advance!

Can't remember exactly where the thread is either, IIRC people are using weather stripping or foam between the windshield and the dash. You may have to remove the windshield to do it correctly. Some of the audio junkies will probably have better ideas.

I just stuffed some foam down between the windshield and dash ,cant see it and no more rattle :thumbup:

:plus1: If you do it right you won't see anything and the rattle will be gone. The dash moves and is squeeking/rattling against the windshield. Went through it on my 06'vlx.

Just like a car when you have two surfaces rubbing making noise a little CCF (closed cell foam) between them will take it away. Depending on the size of the gap there are plenty of different cheap ways to acquire it.

• 2 years later...