Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tower For '00 Sunsetter Vlx

JoeMalibu7

Bought a 2000 Sunsetter VLX two years ago. And recently moved to a new house with a carport for keeping the boat. The previous owner had put on an old Wakedesigns folding tower from the 2000 time period. Although its working well, when the tower is folded down, the legs stick up just high enough to hit carport entry. The folding point is fine (measures about 6'10") but the legs hit. The carport is about 7'. I am looking for newer tower to change out and keep from having to take the tower off every time we put the boat in the carport.

Thoughts?

on my sunsetter the titan 3 only folds to 7' 5" and will not fit in my 7' shop without dismantling. same goes for the skylon swoop on the wakesetter. neather folds to winshield hight.

My 00 VLX has a swoop but I've yet to fold the tower down. Unfortunately our garage isn't deep enough. Luckily my dad has a farm about 2 miles away with several garages, covered barns, etc. Got my fifth wheel and boat out there for the winter. Still wish I had a bigger garage :/

The Sampson tower looks like a first generation illusion w/ some added bling to the sides, nothing real innovative there. I'd get a Titan instead, but different tower designs for different folks.

Sampson Blade:

IMG_2074.jpg

Illusion Tower:

UsedVLX1.jpg

G3:

activeh2o-1293583823-d_pic.jpg

Sampson looks a lot more like a G3 than an Illusion. The Titan may be a solid tower, but also a pretty ugly one at that:

vlx_187.jpg

The Titan doesn't even try to go with the lines of the boat - it's just 4 tubes that curve into one place. IMO it is one of the uglier towers ever made, and get's rave reviews only for being very solid.

Edited by Nitrousbird

Sampson looks a lot more like a G3 than an Illusion. The Titan may be a solid tower, but also a pretty ugly one at that:

The Titan doesn't even try to go with the lines of the boat - it's just 4 tubes that curve into one place. IMO it is one of the uglier towers ever made, and get's rave reviews only for being very solid.

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion the Titan III tower is very nice looking, and they are out of the way more. I don't like the way the new towers face forward and how they are mounted in the middle of where you get into the boat. The Titans attach close to the windshields. On 21 foot boats you have to step on the back pads to get in. Just my opinions.

Thanks

Scott

Here is another option that is built custom for the specs of the boat. The tower is also able to fold down to the windshied height and helps with fitting it in your garage or on your lift.. My link

Edited by riderite

Your certainly entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion the Titan III tower is very nice looking, and they are out of the way more. I don't like the way the new towers face forward and how they are mounted in the middle of where you get into the boat. The Titans attach close to the windshields. On 21 foot boats you have to step on the back pads to get in. Just my opinions.

Thanks

Scott

I totally agree. I want my tower mounted around the winshield whare you don't step. the forward tilting tower like the blade looks good but it forces passengers to go around it over the back.

While I agree the titan towers aren't as pretty as the g3/samson, I would much rather have our titan II than an illusion. I think the titan III looks very nice on the 06-07 wakesetters.

Titan II

DSC05590.jpg

Titan III

164539.jpg

LOL.gif That's funny right there. You sure are one of the rare few that thinks so.

Love.gif

image_url-60-1287755508.jpg

Sunsetter4th.jpg

img0544ot.jpg

vlx_187.jpg

Uh.... ok, I'm not a fan of alot of towers, but to straight up say one is ugly is quite a statement, show me a pic of any tower on any boat that you think fits and "goes with the lines of the boat"