Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Type Of Battery To Use.

Bradley Thornton

I am adding a second battery to my boat 06 V-Ride I am using the Blue Sea system. So for the house battery deep cycle or regular. The engine battery deep cycle or regular. I also have a on board charger.

When I connect all the batteries together I will just put the switch to the on spot never to the combine spot because that is what the relay takes care of for me right.

Yes, I am a little lost. What don't kill you only makes you stronger.

As I said in the other thread, the most common way to wire up the Blue Sea Add a Battery in a wake boat is to have one battery fully connected to the boat (probably what you have now), except for the stereo, and run the stereo off of the other battery. That assumes you have a big-ish stereo. So house and starting loads are on one battery and stereo is on the other.

Lots of people look to the interstate group 31 for a reasonably priced deep cycle battery. Both the "starting" or "main" or whatever you want to call it battery and the backup (stereo in my example) battery should be marine deep cycle. You sacrifice some cold cranking amps that way but you probably aren't going to be trying to start a boat at 15 below, so not a big issue.

Yes, you are right about how the relay works if you wire it up correctly.

Edited by shawndoggy

Thanks, I did it the way you showed in the other thread I started to PM you but I looked on the forum for the answer to this question and didn't find it so I said maybe someone else may wonder the same question. :thumbup:

I am adding a second battery to my boat 06 V-Ride I am using the Blue Sea system. So for the house battery deep cycle or regular. The engine battery deep cycle or regular. I also have a on board charger.

When I connect all the batteries together I will just put the switch to the on spot never to the combine spot because that is what the relay takes care of for me right.

Yes, I am a little lost. What don't kill you only makes you stronger.

You need to PM "Bobby Light" about his dual 6V Golf Cart battery setup. Trust me, you need to hear what he has say about them before you add another battery to the mix.

Or maybe he will post in this thread, ether way good luck!